Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Alien has landed at CAMP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
Yesterday I walked outside and found this parked in the field. Looks like a 914??
CCLINBURNINGMAN
boxstr
Appears that the 914 would be a good platform for a Burning Man car.
CCLINPLAYALIST
drew365
Kiss it. Maybe it will turn into Halle Berry.
boxstr
From this angle I would say Paris/Dakar Rally Shcllesinger car.
CCLINBAJA1000
TINCAN914
Who ever did that should be shot. ar15.gif No offense to those that find that nice looking, but ... stromberg.gif
I was looking for the puking icon, but it dosen't appear to be available...
SGB
how do you get to the hamster wheel?
ThinAir
What would possess anyone to do this to a 914? It's an incredible investment in time and money just to make the engine & trunks incredibly inaccessible. Why is it in your field? Are they expecting you to turn it back into a 914?
MoveQik
Looks more like a Datsun 240Z
spare time toys
Looks more like a lima bean than the Alien icon8.gif
MoveQik
Are the rubber seals attached to the glass on the side windows??? confused24.gif
J P Stein
Maybe someone dropped it off & left.

CCLINCAMP914ORPHANAGE
Part Pricer

Any idea how they are coming along with the Rankle/Porsche 914.3?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=33328
Trekkor
I do not approve... mad.gif

KT
rhodyguy
i like the body. seriously. paint it irish green, the wide steel wheels from the red V-8 car, powder coat them stock grey, plain chome caps w/nipple. then put the fi engine out of the red V-8 car in it aktion035.gif . the paint on that car kills it. how much? pm me if you prefer.

k
turbo914v8
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Sep 16 2005, 08:59 AM)
Maybe someone dropped it off & left.

CCLINCAMP914ORPHANAGE

Maybe someone dropped it off & ran like hell.
johnmhudson111
You can read more about it here.

One of the strangest 914 mods I have seen.
rhodyguy
take off the rear window cover. slip a different rear lid on. post some pictures. those panos would look good on it. what tire size is currently on it?

k
J P Stein
QUOTE (johnmhudson111 @ Sep 16 2005, 08:12 AM)
You can read more about it here.

Ah, now I get it. cool_shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
There is a quality about that chopped tail that is semi-interesting...if you squint. I dont like the camaro louvers. The car seems so compact from the rear. The extended front is interesting, but I wonder what the car would be like and how it would handle if the front were chopped off too?
Joe Bob
Saab Sonnett....there's a reason they stopped making that too.... barf.gif
DNHunt
My Gawd Graig I hope you didn't pay much for that thing cause it's gonna take a special kind of buyer to want it. Tell me it isn't for your personal collection.

Dave
messix
i dont think its fair to flame on this. you might not know the story on this. it could be a rear ended rust bucket that some one just had some fun with. and some might think that any thing that is completely stock shows no creativeness or originality, [V8's , subbies, sixxies over 2.0, glass flares, wings/ spoilers, painted shiney tops, chalon kits] where do you pinky lifters draw your line? cool.gif

all in good fun, this car is not my cup of rum and coke either
TROJANMAN
wasn't this car for sale recently. i remember seeing it in another post a while back.
theol00
agree.gif

I agree with messix - it appears like we have the 914 watch patrol on - doesn't seem like the owner borrowed money from anybody on here to do this...
sixnotfour
The Camp has every other Flavor , Why not this one too?
Eric Taylor
I know that car! that's randy's(goose2's) friends creation. Did you buy that one craig?
It's an aquired taste I suppose.
J P Stein
We reserve the right to trash anything or anybody as we see
fit....and do it with gusto....all in gud fun biggrin.gif
maf914
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 16 2005, 07:17 AM)
From this angle I would say Paris/Dakar Rally Shcllesinger car.
CCLINBAJA1000

No, no, no. I must disagree. The Schllessinger rally buggies are good looking, IMHO. laugh.gif

BTW, That extended nose reminds me of a late model Fiero. Why would someone want their 914 to look like a Fiero? Now I can understand why Fiero owners want their cars to look like a Ferrari. laugh.gif
jasons
I like the sidemarkers used as rear turn-signals. Recycling is good.

Actually thats probably the second best place for them, after the garbage can.
sixnotfour
Inspiration ?
VegasRacer
This thread has a misleading title. mad.gif I expected to see pictures of Rick and a very nice 928 powered black teener. I think you owe him an apology for tarnishing the good name of The Alien. alien.gif assimilate.gif
sixnotfour
Rick Ollah not Rich
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Sep 16 2005, 11:44 AM)
Inspiration ?

90417? ohmy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 16 2005, 08:14 AM)
Yesterday I walked outside and found this parked in the field. Looks like a 914??

yeah, we have picked that car apart in at least 4 other threads already. give the guy a break ...

biggrin.gif Andy
boxstr
Okay boys and girls. This not the Ollah Alien, sorry Richk. The owner came to CAMP to look for more cars to use for his innovative ideas. This is one persons idea of what they want there 914 to look like. He wanted to get the front of the car to stick to the street. So that is why the front nose changes.
I personally like the rear end. And Jeff I also asked about chopping the front to match the rear. The builder feels that the 914 is a brick when pushing through air, so another reason he did not chop the front.But I would like ot see what it would look like that way. Anyone with PHOTOSHOP chop the front and rear, lets see what it looks like.
The car went back to the Eugene area to be stored away for more ideas to spur the builder on to more innovative ideas and 914s.
CCLINORPHANCAMP
rick 918-S
What's all the hub bub... confused24.gif I may be at camp next year... assimilate.gif
TravisNeff
That car has similar lines to a Lancia, scorpion? I dunno.
SirAndy
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 16 2005, 09:18 PM)
The builder feels that the 914 is a brick when pushing through air ...

IIRC, the 914 has a aerodynamic drag close or even slightly better than a late '70s 911 turbo.

i'd say, he should have done his homework before assuming such stupid things as "the 914 is a brick when pushing through air" ...

please don't tell me that guy is an "Engineer" ...
screwy.gif Andy
maf914
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Sep 17 2005, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 16 2005, 09:18 PM)
The builder feels that the 914 is a brick when pushing through air ...

IIRC, the 914 has a aerodynamic drag close or even slightly better than a late '70s 911 turbo.

i'd say, he should have done his homework before assuming such stupid things as "the 914 is a brick when pushing through air" ...

please don't tell me that guy is an "Engineer" ...
screwy.gif Andy

agree.gif If I recall correctly, road test articles and historical books all gave the 914 good marks regarding its aerodynamic performance, both drag and lift. It was actually better than the 911 of its day. idea.gif

Andy's correct, the guy is off base. dry.gif
maf914
BTW, That 904 with the 917 wanna-be tail is hideous. I bet that was done when 904's were obselete and being given away. That car needs to visit Gunnar Racing for a make-over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.