Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: good news for 914 values?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
flames begin:

http://autoatlanta.com/carsales/914/474291...4742917669.html

wavey.gif
Part Pricer

Asking price and selling price are two completely different things.

Wishful thinking by this seller.
JeffBowlsby
This car is stunning and very exceptional. Why is it priced so low? If only I needed another 914....prices of these original, pristine 914s seem to be on a rocket ride lately...note the car that 73Phoenix20 is selling in the classifieds....claims he has received 2 18K offers...he rejected holding out for more....

It pays to keep em stock boyz.....
URY914
He'll probably get $18,000 for it.

There are people out there with a lot of money to spend on toys.

Paul
MecGen
The price is rite... unsure.gif

Mines not that origional and I have refused 10k twice.
Glad to see prices are goig up...wait till gas reaches 6$+ and people discover a whole new appreciation for the 4cyl sports car.

fingers crossed chair.gif
Later

beerchug.gif
TROJANMAN
would you really turn down 2 $18k offers just to get another $1500 (maybe)?

nice car though. i would have taken the first $18k offer and been done with it.

but contrary to popular belief ( on this website anyway) i think this is good news for our little cars.
mskala
People who "don't really need to sell" are always going to
hold out for the one guy out there willing to pay really top
dollar.
redshift
I have $20k in mine, and it's a hunk of steaming pooh.

M
DonTraver
If it really is as pristine as they claim, it's worth it. I wouldn't take less than $30k for my original 6 that's been in the family for the last 35 years, and yeah, I'd better like you too.

That being said. The cars I've seen in this club at some of the events I've been able to attend just blow me away. I just love the work I've seen on them. Everytime I go to a event and see the other guys cars, I drive home thinking, 3.o-3.2l, flare it, bigger wheels, etc, etc. Then I remember that there aren't too many all orginal 6's left and calm down.

Gotta say, you guys and your cars rock, and you should get top prices.

Later, Don
914werke
it hard to tell but the radio dosnt look stock?
Gint
That might actually get that asking price if that car is really as nice as it looks. And I hope so too.
rick 918-S
I wish mine was stock sad.gif
tdgray
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Sep 16 2005, 07:32 PM)

I don't.

Yours is the most Bitchin' ride I've seen. cool.gif
Dominic
It looks like the car I sold last year for $8500. But mine was a 73' 2.0L, not that perfect of course.
qa1142
Mine is stock!

smilie_pokal.gif
Targa
GD do I love Marathon Blue! wub.gif Happen to know where an original mint 74 1.8 one is hiding too. Also know where an original mint Cobalt Blue 914-6 hides however the owner doesn't seem interested in selling(yet). Gotta love the metallic paints. How could someone buy a 74 2.0 with appearence group, performance group & tinted windows but not have chrome bumpers with the appearence group? How is this possible? The radio is Definitely not original! But it looks like that's it.
Targa
I just noticed, it appears to have late model guages. I know it is possible for a late production 74 to have late model guages. can you tell what month it was produced by the vin #?
Dominic
QUOTE (Targa @ Sep 16 2005, 04:11 PM)
I just noticed, it appears to have late model guages. I know it is possible for a late production 74 to have late model guages. can you tell what month it was produced by the vin #?

I thought all 74's had the later style gauges? I tried to look it up in the Factory Parts Manual, but it does not tell me anything about the year or vin # change for any of the gauges. It does show 3 or 4 different part #'s for speedo's for the 4 cyl. It actually shows a different part # for 155 series tires and 165 tires wacko.gif
Targa
Rich @ HPH has said the factory used parts until they ran out. Where it gets really confusing is that I have seen 75 with early guages and the car was bone stock original, and 74s with late model guages. Rich said there was no exact science to the changes, they just used what they had that day.
JeffBowlsby
My early 1974 VIN (last four 1465) car has early gauges and lots of 1973 parts... I know they are original...silver center gauges, wide oil temp red band, metal badging, etc.

The LE cars Vins start at around (VIN last four) 14300 and they all have later style guages. I have also seen a 74 around VIN 7800 still with early style gauges. So it sounds like they ran out of the old style gauges somewhere around Nov/Dec 1973
SGB
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Sep 16 2005, 06:32 PM)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.