Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source for Ultrasonic cleaning for oil cooler ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
I need to have the front mounted oil cooler ultrasonically cleaned. It's out of the car.

Who does it in the Seattle area.

A piston shattered in the 2.7 in my 914/6. The motor is being replaced with another 2.7 and I want to assure that no debris remains in the oil system.

Should the oil tank be ultrasonically cleaned also?

Thanks

Eddie

Cap'n Krusty
Try the phone book. Might look into shops that service the aerospace industry, and aircraft oriented shops. Yes, clean the tank and all the lines. The Cap'n
ArtechnikA
i'm packaging my on-engine cooler to be shipped to Pacific Oil Cooler for cleaning. they quoted me $125 and about 3 days onsite. they are an FAA-listed repair facility.
Eddie914
I just dropped off my Setrab front oil cooler with the local radiator shop. They have a solvent cleaning system for aluminum coolers. Quoted me $40.

Eddie
ArtechnikA
...ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...

i would be very leery of that, especially after a known implosion...
but that's just me ...

what are you doing for the on-engine cooler ?
Eddie914
The replacement engine comes with an on engine oil cooler. It's staying there.

I have a friend who is a helicopter pilot (and has raced Porsches for 25 years). I taked to him about ultrasonic cleaning of the front cooler. He indicated that ultrasonic cleaning is widely used in the aircraft industry for cleaning chip screens but did not think it would be very effective for cleaning the oil cooler.

I'm going to cut open my oil filter and see if there are any signs of contamination.

Thanks

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.