Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Ruf made a 914...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
I was flirting with the idea of making my teener into an "Ruf 914" or some other cool acronym like, RGT or CTR (anyone got one?). I absolutely love Ruf cars and think a 914 with all the right upgrades and Ruf badging might be a unique concept.

So, I need help coming up with mods Ruf would put on a teener had they made one. Here's the rules...must be NARROW BODY and must include an estimated budget.

I want wheels, brakes, colors, spoilers, engine, suspension...everything covered.

Thanks guys!!
redshift
Ruf wouldn't make a narrow teener.

It would have CF lids, and the lights would be in the bumper, and it'd have a huge assed tail, that made the car look like Hell.

Imagine the BIG CTR wing on a teener.

icon8.gif

Oh, and it'd have a big bump in the engine lid, so the intake would fit.. biggrin.gif

M
bondo
Ruf did a talk here at Cal Poly a while back.. he liked my WCC shirt. biggrin.gif I asked if he had done anything with 914s, and he said "Yes, but only the sixes." He didn't elaborate beyond that.
Part Pricer

It would probably end up looking something like this:

i love porsche
QUOTE (redshift @ Sep 16 2005, 03:28 PM)
Ruf wouldn't make a narrow teener.

yes he would...Gemballa is another story

for a Ruf teener, you are going to probably want 16 or 17 inch Ruf wheels, maybe a big red brake setup. definetly a 6, probably a 3.0+ GT front bumper or 916 bumpers, ducktail wing and probably a very clean looking custom intake behind the doors. for the wheels you will probably just roll the fenders, not GT flares and lightweight body panels..and a simple interior.

besides the CTR2, Ruf cars are very very clean looking, not busy, and very subtle...but monsters underneath....look at the R turbo, or a 3600S or a RGT...very simple and clean...the CTR2 was definetly an exception

where i work...we used to import Ruf parts, so we have lots of Ruf stuff, and even cars around the shop.

now if you REALLY wanna make a Ruf...you gotta change the Vin
TravisNeff
laugh.gif They'd probably code name it "NARP"
retrotech
Ruf wouldn't make a narrow teener

I disagree. The Ruf, narrow body Yellow Bird is my inspiration for not doing the obvious, big fender, air brakes. Narrow, low drag efficient, is a great look and functional.
brokenmoped
Awesome description, i_love_porsche...what's a good Ruf color? I was thinking either black or the obvious...yellow...or maybe silver. How does one go about changing the VIN?
Targa
QUOTE (i love porsche @ Sep 16 2005, 03:53 PM)
for a Ruf teener, you are going to probably want 16 or 17 inch Ruf wheels, maybe a big red brake setup. definetly a 6, probably a 3.0+ GT front bumper or 916 bumpers, ducktail wing and probably a very clean looking custom intake behind the doors. for the wheels you will probably just roll the fenders, not GT flares and lightweight body panels..and a simple interior.

I like where you're going with this. Let's not forget a Speedo that can clock 200mph (I think this is how RUF made their rep), and also custom gear box ratios with an LSD. RUF would probably not use the 901 box though.
GeorgeRud
Mueller once posted a picture of a 914 with 17" Ruf wheels on it, and the look was awesome. Ruf's style has always been clean, subtle and just "get the job done" right. Now if it was only affordable!
brokenmoped
I saw an old Ruf BTR boost gauge on ebay going for $200.

To buy a set of gauges direct from Ruf is $3k and the speedo goes up to 220mph drooley.gif

If only a teener could go that fast...
kermit
don't forget the tiny side view mirrors that you'll find on the Yellowbird. Those are cool and pretty subtle. He says those are good for a few extra mph top speed, since aerodynamics is so critical at super high speeds.

drag goes up exponentially right... which means with those mirrors, my top speed will go from 109 to 112 laugh.gif
redshift
QUOTE (kermit @ Sep 17 2005, 12:47 AM)

drag goes up exponentially right... which means with those mirrors, my top speed will go from 109 to 112 laugh.gif

lol... drag? Seems like the purse, and the heavy heels would add enough weight to offset any gains.

confused24.gif

That car Paul posted looks like you could get a telephone pole in it.

biggrin.gif

M
boxstr
RUF 914 here in the states. cool.gif
Joe Bob
Sorry....that's just wrong......
maf914
Most of the Ruf cars are turbos and we all know you can't turbo a 914! laugh.gif

Okay, okay, someone had to say it! laugh.gif
maf914
QUOTE (boxstr @ Sep 16 2005, 09:37 PM)
RUF 914 here in the states. cool.gif

Ruf 914? Looks more like a Testarossa body kit to me. Bring on the Fiero. laugh.gif
DrifterJay
yuck...sorry boxstr... icon8.gif
boxstr
Well I had to try biggrin.gif
CCLINNOTRUF
db9146
Here's my shot at a Ruf 914.

Mine will be a 3.6 with steel flares, coil-overs all around, big brakes, light weight lids, loud paint (Ravenna Green), nice upgraded interior, and 9x17 and 10x17 Ruf wheels.

Now all I need is a lift kit and some bolt-on 5-lug adapters!! laugh.gif lol2.gif
SpecialK
I like the interior on this one....... wub.gif
SpecialK
....and for a split-second I thought that the white one in the background was a 914........must've been the jack stands that threw me.
Gustl
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Sep 17 2005, 09:27 PM)
I like the interior on this one....... wub.gif

user posted image

agree.gif user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Billy Ocean must have thought about something like this when he wrote "Get out of my dreams, get into my car"

laugh.gif Gustl
Eric_Shea
If Ruf made a 914..., What would it be like?

Joe's car...
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Sep 17 2005, 03:51 PM)

I've seen many a teen that was Ruf....

Oh...different spelling...never mind smile.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (Mark Henry @ Sep 18 2005, 08:26 AM)
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Sep 17 2005, 03:51 PM)

I've seen many a teen that was Ruf....

Oh...different spelling...never mind smile.gif

lol2.gif chairfall.gif

...hey, mine resemble that remark! dry.gif biggrin.gif
DJsRepS
What an unreal crash that telephone pole must have been haulin ass.
redshift
laugh.gif
JmuRiz
Always thought the old-style Ruf wheels would look good on a GT flaired car. Anyone have some to try?
Quilmes
QUOTE (JmuRiz @ Sep 19 2005, 07:00 AM)
Always thought the old-style Ruf wheels would look good on a GT flaired car. Anyone have some to try?

Here is a photo of my 914 with out the side rocker panels and old stlye RUF 9x10x17 rims. I really like the look but at the time I did not have the money for them.
PS the photos are form an old video sorry for the quality.

Quilmes.
Quilmes
Photo two , rear shoot of 914 with RUF rims.
Quilmes
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Sep 19 2005, 09:49 AM)

Sorry my mistake, I clicked on the wrong image.
Here we go again.
RUF rims of 914 rear.
MJHanna
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Sep 19 2005, 11:49 AM)

OHH I've seen her from the front smilie_pokal.gif
Quilmes
QUOTE (MJHanna @ Sep 19 2005, 09:57 AM)
QUOTE (Quilmes @ Sep 19 2005, 11:49 AM)

OHH I've seen her from the front smilie_pokal.gif

Very Nice and Interesting.

brokenmoped
hijacked.gif

I can only find 17inch rims...anyone find 16s made by Ruf?
Eric_Shea
Who gives a shit... let's look for more blue spandex shorts! ohmy.gif

(sorry moped) unsure.gif
brokenmoped
biggrin.gif You're right....MORE CAMEL TOE!!!
Brando
http://www.ratemycameltoe.com/

piratenanner.gif hijacked.gif
SpecialK
My searches also turned up nil for 16" Ruf wheels...hot babes are much easier to find so this thread is officially hijacked (about 8 posts ago)
GeorgeRud
I believe that the smallest diameter Ruf wheels were 17 inch (by 8/9/or 10"). They were unavailable for the last few years except on the used market, but very rare there as well. The Ruf importer in Texas says that they are now going to be available for ~$2800/set.

Nice pics on all the posts.
redshift
I read lips..... yep, she wants me...

M
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Sep 20 2005, 01:12 AM)

M

There you go again Miles........readin' between the lines.

Moped: I've seen lots of 17"er's on 914's if you're dead set on Rufs. Not sure of the offset, but I'm guessing it's gonna take some serious spacers to get them to fit.
ewdysar
Before going to any great lengths to get 16" rims, check your proposed tire size availability. The manufacturers are moving away from wide tires in 16's, anything past 245's are fairly rare, and probably getting even more scarce with time...

Just my $.02

Eric

PS: bump happy11.gif
Howard
Can always count on you, Mike chairfall.gif
Quilmes
QUOTE ("Z" @ Sep 20 2005, 01:10 PM)

M

Braille is gud....

NSFW: mike that was great, I laughed my ass off.
Looks like Morse Code DE-DEEE -DEEEEEE-EEEEE YAAAAAAAA!!! piratenanner.gif
Joe Ricard
That if totally cool. Wish I was gud nuff wit puters to do shit like dat. aktion035.gif
brokenmoped
I like how there's over 1600 views on this thread thanks to the camel toe pics. Way to bring attention to my thread, dude. Now can we get back on topic..?
redshift
Ok.

M
Gint
QUOTE (brokenmoped @ Sep 20 2005, 06:12 PM)
I like how there's over 1600 views on this thread thanks to the camel toe pics. Way to bring attention to my thread, dude. Now can we get back on topic..?

This thread is hopelessly (sp?) lost.

I'd start another one if I were you and really serious about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.