Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: suspension bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanf123
i'm torn on which bushings to get now, i read that forum, and it seems that alot of you are against welts polys, then there are delrin. which do you recommend? i hope to someday upgrade to elephants poly-bronze, but i need something good for the time being. i would like alot of opinions, thanx
TravisNeff
Unless your bushings are totally shot and unusable, stick with what you have until you can get the bushings you want. Simple part is, you will need to spend some dough on an alignment afterwards (150 bucks or so) and if you do anything less than what you really want, you probably won't be happy. Soon therafter you can't stand it and then step up to what you are really after and another $150 alignment.

Welt bushings suck, I got some and of course you need to do some liberal fitting and use their special grease. That works only for about a thousand miles, or a track event to get the squeaky again. I am sure I didn't get mine perfect, but I tried hard as hell to get there, they were super quiet at first, then they got squeaky. Very annoying.

Delrin from what I understand is a great step above the welt bushings, but you need to do some reaming with the right tools and of course do it right. Chris Foley (tangerineracing.com) does this at a really reasonable price for the rears.
rhodyguy
i'm with travis on this one. save your coin until you can purchase what you want. why would you want to tear the whole front end apart, put in "less than" components, and do it all over again at some point down the road. it isn't that much fun. you are going to need an alignment when you're done, you'll be paying for one two times. i went with the elephants and am very pleased with the results. not knowing what other changes/upgrades you have made, turbo tie rods, ball joints, etc, you will just be chasing your tail. make a list up of what you would like to renew, get all the items together, and do the whole thing in one shot.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.