Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ARIZONA email list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
9/27 Update: The list is growing, up to 15. Also Ernie DeVris is starting an interest group on Yahoo, see his post below.

I have been gathering email addresses for 914 owners in Arizona, but my list is small. Last Wednesday we had a 914 dinner on 914. The following was posted on the thread about the dinner:

damn. somebody email me next time this happens! i been gone for a bit... driving around zois' old dakota vs the speedster made me momentarily forget about it.

So, if you would like to be emailed for information about future Arizona 914 events, PM or email me with your email address. Do not put it as a response to this thread unless you want to pubically distribute it. (I don't have the access to get your email address from 914Club records for privacy reasons, which is good.) Even if you know I already have your email, contact me with your permission to add it to a Arizona list if you want to be included.

Some of us have talked about a breakfast drive in October. Also the Arizona PCA chapter (which is very 914 friendly) is having their Annual Flight (car show) the last weekend of the month. There will be many great cars on display (yea most will be tail draggers, but..). A couple years ago there was a 906 which was thrill to see. I hope we can do another Phoenix/Tucson gathering in December and help the Marines and their Toys for Tots Drive like we did last year.
gregrobbins
Slits and Clay, your family to us, so feel free to sign up too! biggrin.gif
Gint
That's what I did Greg about 3 or 4 years ago. We ended up with so many that I created a yahoogroups email list for the COlorado guys. We have 70+ people on the list. It's a blast. We share parts, go on runs, sawzall parties, you name it. Even the Hotsy party at my house today.
snflupigus
yeah! cool.gif

That was me.....

so...

snflupigus@hotmail.com is me

BMartin914
There are how many 914 owners in Arizona?

And how many are coming to the RRC?

For shame... wink.gif
snflupigus
whats the rrc?
VegasRacer
QUOTE (snflupigus @ Sep 18 2005, 11:34 AM)
whats the rrc?

The Red Rocks Classic. slap.gif
Three days of 914 fun in Moab Utah. mueba.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
snflupigus
damn, this is my 4 day weekend.... i have to work 10 in a row through next week.
MoveQik
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Sep 18 2005, 07:55 AM)

For shame... wink.gif

I agree! They should all be there with us!
ThinAir
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Sep 18 2005, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Sep 18 2005, 07:55 AM)

For shame... wink.gif

I agree! They should all be there with us!

No kidding! It looks like Mike and I are the entire Arizona contingent. huh.gif
gregrobbins
icon_bump.gif
ClayPerrine
Much as I would love to attend more events here, I won't be here forever. My current job can take me anywhere, and I will attempt to catch up with any 914 owners in that area.

I will keep the board posted as to where I will be next.

TravisNeff
Can't make the RRC, but I did donate an MC brace as a door prize. I get to work instead,,, blink.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Sep 22 2005, 10:02 PM)
Can't make the RRC, but I did donate an MC brace as a door prize. I get to work instead,,, blink.gif

Your donation was very much appreciated! You were with us in spirit! biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Greg, I thought you had mine....but just in case!

michaelwills@cox.net
3d914
Greg,

You should have mine as well.

ENJOY!
azbill
Greg,

You know my address - please add it.

As for the RRC my car is torn apart. Big time rust issues at the bulkhead between the engine and the cabin. Will be cutting it out and replacing. Then the new 2056 with updated fuel injection system, finsh the interior with top and bottm dash pads, gauges, and other goodies when done will be posting the pics. I hope to have it all completed in about a month or two if I stay in town.

snflupigus
need help on that project... mine needs the same and once you have experience..... LOL smile.gif
ThinAir
There hasn't been much response to signing up for this list and it was going to require Greg to keep track of people's email addresses, so I suggested to Greg that we use a Yahoo Group for this purpose. He liked the idea so I've created AZ914 as a yahoo group.

This is NOT intended to replace 914world.com in any way. It's just an easy way for folks in Arizona or interested in Arizona to keep up on events (formal or informal).

To join AZ914, just use this link. This is totally free, but if you've never joined Yahoo groups you'll need to do that as part of the process. I'm a member of several of these groups and have never needed to worry about spam, ads, etc as a result of membership.

The way this works is that any group member may send an email to az914@yahoogroups.com and the message will be automatically sent to all group members. You get to choose how you will receive messages - individual emails, daily digest, just read the group web site, etc.

The advantage of this approach is that it is self-managing. If your email address changes or you want to change your delivery options, you just modify your profile.

Hopefully this helps us get more AZ folks involved in group activities!
MoveQik
OK....I'm new to this "groups" thing. Does this create one more place that I have to go to check for messages? I have too many as it is!
snflupigus
http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/

what about "regional boards"

Now i dont suggest that we have ALL those individual boards, thirdgen.org has 41k members vs us with 4k smile.gif

ThinAir
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Sep 27 2005, 10:28 AM)
Does this create one more place that I have to go to check for messages?

No, only if you choose to have it that way. I believe the default is for you to receive individual email messages so that all you have to do is check your email. If you choose to receive daily digests instead of individual emails then you won't get as many messages, but it's still just a matter of checking your email.
Gint
I suggested that a coupla weeks ago. rolleyes.gif

We aren't going to set up regional forums on this board. For the same reason that we've hashed and rehashed over and oever and over again. We want everyone on the main forum. It's what gives this board it's character.

I started the Colorado yahoo group email list in November 2002. It's a huge success and works much better than a web forum for organizing local stuff. It started it by gathering email addresses form rennlist days of people that I knew were in Colorado. When the list of people went past 25 it got too hard to manage, so the yahoo groups llist was born. Now we have 83 members and most of them aren't on 914world.com. But we've added to 914club membership by posting links to pics of events that are on this site (like RRC) and what not. It's been my experience that the folks that like the web based forum sign up, the ones that want to keep it simple (KISS principal) do not. But that's OK, because they still can get 914 comraderie and we have a lot of fun together. As much as we'd like to think that everyone is a 'puter 'spert, it really ain't so. Some people don't even want to deal with email. Keep it simple and you can grow the membership.

Ernie,

FYI - You (or the list owner and the assigned moderators) can also add members to the list without them having yahoo ID's. That's what I did at first. But that became an issue when we wanted to take advantage of the yahoogroups web site features and for that you have to have a yahoo ID. In the long run, you're better off having them sign up for yahoo. But if you run into the hard core "I don't understand that 'puter crap" person, you can just add their email address to the list through the management interface.

Sorry for the long fat .02 opinion. Do with it what you will.
ThinAir
Thanks for chiming in on this Mike. It's good to hear from the voice of experience. The goal is to build 914 comraderie by making it easy to get local folks together. If it worked for Colorado, I think it can work for Arizona as well.

P.S. - I missed your post a couple of weeks ago and just now found it. I was so focussed on RRC stuff that I just blew right past it! huh.gif
gregrobbins
Just signed up. Already five members. smilie_pokal.gif I am going to post some photos from some of the AZ 914 get togethers.
shoguneagle
I have been away for a while and am just getting back into the swing of 914 activities. I have moved from Santa Clara, CA to Flagstaff, AZ; and, I also belong to the Colorado contingent list.

Follow exactly what Glint has done and we can build a subelement of Arizona within the 914club. I enjoy all the activities that all the elements of the 914club and its differenting memberships across the nation and the world.

You can add my name to the Arizona List. Do not have a 914 since I sold mine when we moved but am working on obtaining a project one.

I can travel and participate in events in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, and Washington.

The 914Club is one of the best activities I have seen. I read the threads whenever I can. Thanks to all the members and key leaders for making this the best sports car web site available.

Thanks Andy, Glint, Brad, and the many others who deserve recognition for all their efforts in making this the best "sports car club" on the internet. There is not enough time or space to list all the people who deserve to be mentioned, but I believe they know who they are. Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

These are my thoughts.

Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
TravisNeff
Welcome Steve! Hope to meet you at one of the AZ events.

I'm on the yahoo list now too
gregrobbins
Steve, hook up with Ernie who also lives in Flagstaff. There are three or more cars for sale in the Phoenix area. One or two in Tucson too. Post what you are looking for in the Classified area.
ThinAir
An update on the Arizona email list:

The list got spammed by someone so I deleted their membership, deleted the message, and changed the list to moderated membership. Members may still post messages freely. (I'm not going to get into the game of moderating content.) All this changes is that when someone joins the list, I have to approve their membership before they are actually a member.

When Greg started this idea he asked folks to send him their email address to be included on the list. I've now invited all those people to become members if they were not already on the list. Just in case someone may not want to be on a Yahoo! list, I decided to invite them and not just add them to the list.

I'm hoping that the Arizona gang will spread the news about this to anyone who isn't here on 914club to see this topic. The more contacts, the better!
EMRoadster
I believe Greg has my email address from his sending me a welcome to this list. I'd enjoy getting together with some AZ 914 folk now and then but currently my car is only Flintstone powered. laugh.gif

Though when it is under it's own power, it won't be street legal. ohmy.gif
That's when I hope to meet and compete with some other teeners. biggrin.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (EMRoadster @ Oct 3 2005, 09:27 PM)
I believe Greg has my email address from his sending me a welcome to this list.

Greg, you are one of the people I invited tonight. If I goofed and didn't send you the invite, then just click on the link in my signature.
EMRoadster
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Oct 3 2005, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (EMRoadster @ Oct 3 2005, 09:27 PM)
I believe Greg has my email address from his sending me a welcome to this list.

Greg, you are one of the people I invited tonight. If I goofed and didn't send you the invite, then just click on the link in my signature.

Thanks, I just signed up and awaiting approval cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.