Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.0L ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goose2
Lots of questions today.... confused24.gif
I got this 1980 3.0 SC engine with CIS....seems that I didn't get the CD Ign. box with it. Stock distributor with stock breakerless ign. Looks like I need a 6 pin CD box to make sparks with it...correct? anything else? anybody got one?
Thanks as usual.
J P Stein
MSD 6AL....Summit Racing. Watch the ole Captain shit nickels over this one laugh.gif
sixnotfour
If you get Desperate , I have a Brand New 6pin CD unit , in the box.
93060270200 List1753.71 Out of StockBTW I will take 800.00 that less than half laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriously 100.00-300.00 working used is what I have seen.
brp914
yup, 6 pin. Also O2 sensor and lamda box. I hear some would bypass or remove the frequency valve, but if it works its nifty because you can set mixture with your dwell meter using the grn/wht test lead off the box. Hooking up the box was easy as I recall: red/wht is switched +12, and red is full time +12. Your situation is alittle different than mine as I was converting a 2.7 911. IIRC alt is internally regulated. The intake is a closed system, so those asst'd hoses need to find home or it wont idle. Distrib goes ccw. Definitely put on a pop valve if not already there. Oil output line may need step down. All I can think of right now.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Sep 17 2005, 01:15 PM)
MSD 6AL....Summit Racing. Watch the ole Captain shit nickels over this one laugh.gif

Wrong! The Cap'n's installed them hisownself. Kinda klutzy and cheesy lookin', but they seem to work fine. The Cap'n
Joe Bob
I have one.....rebuilt and with a warranty.
PM me....$350
sixnotfour
Bird Board 100.00 works
J P Stein
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 17 2005, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Sep 17 2005, 01:15 PM)

Wrong! The Cap'n's installed them hisownself. Kinda klutzy and cheesy lookin', but they seem to work fine. The Cap'n

My Gawd, what's this world comming to?
goose2
Bird Board 100.00 works

thanks....jumped on that one but second in line
goose2
Is the Permatune CD box any good???
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (goose2 @ Sep 21 2005, 11:53 AM)

No. The Cap'n
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 21 2005, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (goose2 @ Sep 21 2005, 11:53 AM)

No. The Cap'n

Why not? Not that I have ever used one, but worked on a few cars with them. Do they suck or something? confused24.gif
Joe Bob
911 guys call em Permacrap....judge for yerself....
Cap'n Krusty

Permadoom. The failure rate is astonishing, and customer service consists of telling you it's YOUR fault. The Cap'n
Mugs914
Gotta agree about the MSD 6AL. mueba.gif

I put one on my '78 3.0sc when the stock spark box went south. If had known it would be such an improvement I would have done it long before...

If you shop around a bit they can be had for about $210 - $220.
Joe Bob
Randy....I still have the six pin Bosch box....make me an offer.
goose2
bingo!...just scored an oem cd box on ebay for 91.00...and a fuel pump for 38.00 clap.gif Mike...if it doesn't work I'll make an offer, thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.