Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Creptice
Hello everyone.

Just bought my first 914 clap.gif

1972 with rebuilt 74 2.0 engine and sideshift conversion (98K miles on spedo). the body and engine/tranny are solid, but I need some additional work to the electrical, AC and suspension systems done. I am in the Lansing Michigan area and talked with the techs at Williams Auto World/Lansing Imports (the local Porsche dealer), and I know more about the car than they do....Not going there for service!!!!

Can anyone give me the name of a good service place in the Lansing Michigan area where I can go to get work done.

Thanks in advance.
Mark Henry
Wecome to our crack habit! smile.gif

Don't know if there is much in your area, but we do have a couple of members in your area, maybe they can help.

There is Mike's914 about 4 hours north of you in Canada...might be a bit far, but his prices are OK.
TJB/914
Creptice.

Welcome aboard!! There's lots of us 914er's nearby to help you. Contact me on my email tjbliznik@ameritech.net

I may be a little slow getting back to you, but our SMOG group can help.

Tom
GWN7
Hello and Welcome beerchug.gif
Gint
Welcome to the club!
seanery
Welcome to the club!

Tom's SMOG group is a great bunch of guys with some really fine cars! drooley.gif
jet1
welcome! wavey.gif
Allan
wavey.gif givemebeer.gif
bd1308
welcome to the club.

welcome to insanity. enjoy smile.gif
TINCAN914
Welcome!!! drunk.gif
flatout
Hi and welcome!! biggrin.gif
porschecb
Welcome aboard. You are invited to my bbq this afternoon @ 1:00 but you must leave right now! or you will be late. Sooooo get going beer.gif
heavydriver
Welcome to the jungle oh newbian. Glad to have you aboard.

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Speedster07
Welcome to the club! beer.gif
SpecialK
Another 914aholic....... happy11.gif

Welcome!

First thing to do is go out and buy 4 good jackstands, and tear it completely apart. wink.gif
IanStott
Welcome to a great club, don't be afraid to post question's, lots of knowledgeable and helpful people hang out here; and they are always helpful!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
pete-stevers
welcome aboard smilie_pokal.gif
markb
Welcome to the madness. wavey.gif
morph
welcome to the club.
james
A&P
Midtowner
Welcome! We always like 2.0's (and any other 914 as well)! clap.gif
ThinAir
Welcome to the insane asylum!

You've certainly found the best place around for info and moral support for 914 owners. As you've found from talking to the dealership, even if you pay for the work to be done you really need to know yourself what needs to be done and why. This is a great place for just such info.

You'll also find the highest quality good-natured abuse to be found anywhere! biggrin.gif
qa1142
welcome to the cool kids club laugh.gif
jimtab
Welcome aboard....just stroll around the grounds until you feel at home..... happy11.gif
Creptice
Thanks for the welcome everyone, looks like I found the right place biggrin.gif
Mugs914
You sure did!

Welcome to the club!! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Maltese Falcon
Welcome to the club, you'll find lots of answers to your questions here. Use the search mode for most of it. Hey I bet that if the P dealers hung out here- they might take on more 914 work laugh.gif
Now go to the thread on how you got your 914club name and explain yourself blink.gif
peace/out
Marty
redshift
QUOTE (Creptice @ Sep 18 2005, 10:01 PM)
Thanks for the welcome everyone, looks like I found the right place biggrin.gif

mad.gif

What? You weren't sure? Hey, kiss my FAT ASS! screwy.gif

wub.gif smooch it! Go on! Pucker up, newbie!

smile.gif

Heya!

Miles
Tom Perso
Hehehe, Don't listen to Miles, he's just pissed his favorite goat won't "Baaaahhh" at him anymore...

laugh.gif

Hey, so I'm just down the road in Kalamazoo, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm currently working on my 74 with a Megasquirt conversion for my 1.8L, then going to a -6 conversion.

Let me know if you need any help, you can contact me via my email link, or a PM.

Welcome to the madness!!! blink.gif

Tom
gr_elvis
WELCOME to the fun of owning a 914 Im in Grand Rapids so probably closest to you. driving.gif
porschecb
The next time someone invites to a BBQ you better show up!!!!! I don't care where you live? mueba.gif driving.gif drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.