Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Changing oil, hope someone is online
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra

Changing engine and tranny oil, tranny is two sorto allen head plugs on the driver's side, drain and fill(Near tranny axis) Under the engine, there is a round plate in the middle, similar to a type 1, with one bolt in the center. There is also a larger nu on the sump, just L of the round plate, which is the drain?
bd1308
on tranny...bottom plug is drain

on engine...i do both, the hex screw in deal is the oil drain...but i also take out the strainer to clean that out too.....

b
Gary
Take the fill plug out first. If you take the drain plug out first and then can't remove the fill you have an empty tranny...
bd1308
good point....

rhodyguy
the round plate covers the metal screen. hope you have the gaskets and crush washer. don't over tighten the bolt retaining the screen cover. the one on the pass side just forward is the drain plug. you don't have to disturb the cover just to change the oil.

k
Tobra
Could not get tranny drain plug out, but added 300 ml of tranny oil. SO the big nut is the drain, and the smaller one holds in the screen, got it, thanks for the prompt response, I got a BBQ to go to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.