Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter "seems" to be on the fritz....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I believe that my starter is going bye-bye. Occasionally, I can not get the car started without a push. It seems to be happening more and more. I have not tried to connect the terminals on the starter underneath to confirm that its the starter and not the switch, but I will do that as well.

Anyway, I believe I will be looking for a new starter. Anyone have any recommendations? New, rebuilt, replacement? I am open to suggestions.

Oh yeah, its been a while since I have posted. Life has gotten in the way of my 914 obsession, so, um, yeah. I should be around a bit more often going forward =).

TIA

- Joe

olav

There's been talk of people satisfied with a cheap high torque starter available of eBay for $130 or so.

If you do a search you can find references to it and pictures too.

Aaron Cox
yup.

as soon as my stock bosch one dies...it will get the hitorque nippondenso 130buckaroo ebay starter.....

BTW - how you doing joe?
KaptKaos
Hey Aaron,

I am good. Work has been very busy the last few months leading up to vacation. Now that I am back and getting settled, its time to get back to the teener.

How are you? How's school?

I will look for the nippondenso online too.

Thanks for the heads up.

- Joe
KaptKaos
You guys gonna get me some links?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
Tobra
Is it just when it is hot? Mine does this occasionally, only when hot. I seem to recall methods to evaluate if it is the starter or something else.
GWN7
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Sep 21 2005, 09:55 PM)
You guys gonna get me some links?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe

Ebay ...search "Porsche 914 Starter" They are $120, free freight and the guy is listed as in Riverside, Ca

Ebay # 8001632955
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.