Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEED 100MM WHEEL STUDS ON MONDAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thorshammer
Thanks for looking.

I am at the Runoffs and another Porsche racer has brought some really nice lightweight wheels for me to use this week. Unfortunately, the wheels have a thicker mounting flange and my wheel studs are too short.

Does anyone in Ohio or nearby have 20 of these studs
14X1.5 100mm long, Part number 930-331-100. Can anyone assist me in getting them by Monday??? I can order from Pelican for NDA shipment, but I'll miss a day of practice with these wheels. They are signifigantly lighter than what I have and should make a difference on the track.

Help me Obi Wan Kanobie, your my only hope.

Call me on the cell if you can.

Erik Madsen
508-524-3145
Porsche Rescue
Sorry I can't offer any help, but how in the hell do you replace rear studs at the track? I can't imagine doing it. The front would be challenge enough.
seanery
Isn't Stoddard close by (well, kinda close)? They may be able to help you out.
Eddie914
If 911 rear brake rotors are used without the parking brake assembly, the studs can be driven out with a drift while the car is on the ground with the wheels in place. Simply remove the lowet lug nut, drive the stud out with a drift and a LARGE hammer (8 lb seems to work fine). The new stud can be inserted from the back of the hub/rotor, and pulled into place with a lug net.

Eddie
Thorshammer
Yes Eddie, Thats the plan.

Thanks guys for the thoughts. Stoddard opens in about 15 minutes, so I will be calling and sending someone if they have them. BTW, you would be surprised what you can do at the track, when you're a obsessed crackpot like me LOL!!!!

Hope to get the new rubber scrubbed in today and the car completed. we should make it. Really want to run those wheels though.

Erik
tdgray
Erik,

Let me know if Stoddard does not have them. I have a dealer very close to me down here, Kempthorn Motors.

I can run them up there this afternoon if need be.

Porsche Rescue
Thanks for the education Eddie and good luck Erik.
Thorshammer
Got back to the Hotel and wanted to thank everyone for their offers. I next dayed them from performance products and will have the new wheels on tomorrow. Good thing as one of my other race wheels is bent. Crap. Thanks guys!

Erik Madsen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.