Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reminded of what i owe this club...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
red914
while cruising in the 914 down to vancouver in order to walk the "race for the cure" in portland (with my mom in her pink "survivor " t-shirt) this weekend, i pondered what i owe this club...

without the knowledge and willingness to share it that one finds here, i could not have enjoyed my two 160 mile, 70+ mph runs with the top off listening to the growl of the 1.7 liters of fury driving.gif as well as the clash and the ramones aktion035.gif . yep, if not for this club, especially the introduction through this club to such fine, helpful, and knowledgeable people (namely dino "dinomium", kevin "rhodyguy", dan "root werks", and many, many more. without them, i would not be able to enjoy this little car. thanks to you all!
jr91472
well said....and ditto

beer.gif
pete-stevers
somtimes i wonder the same thing......
steve
reverie
Shane, do you think we could have another 914 get-together at that restaurant?
Everyone who attended really enjoyed it. Fabulous weather we're having.. smile.gif

We may be doing a Hwy 410 cruise soon, too.

~ Rog
rhodyguy
i had thought you pulled "bruce" and bought a miata. wavey.gif

k

jfort
I echo the original post!
red914
no miata, Kevin, just busier than a one lagged amn in a butt kickin' contest. where did the summer go?

have to look into a breakfast, or maybe a lunch at a place called the whiskey creek steakhouse. i had a prime rib sandwich there a few weeks ago (on a date with my wife, er, wit' me saucy wench, eh?) that was outstanding.

man, oh man, was it fun cruising I-5 this weekend!
rhodyguy
I-5 to p-land early in the am is a nice drive. did your mom enjoy the drive with the targa top removed?

k
red914
actually, mom and her two dachshunds live in vancouver, so she didn't get to ride in it. and it is a nice drvie in the early a.m., but nice also in the afternoon/evening when i did it.

odd, looking up at every single vehicle on the road.
Pugbug
I also have much gratitude pray.gif to the guys on this forum, and give them much credit for teaching me about the many quirks of my beloved 914. I have had a wonderful jack stand free summer driving my baby all over Vancouver island.

Thanks guys driving.gif
rhodyguy
it was a super summer weather wise. i think i've driven with the top on 3 days this summer. 2 of them were partial days. smile.gif

k
dinomium
I am the inverse...
I blame all of you for keeping my 914s on jackstands! happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.