Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Little OT: CD stuck in car player
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
I was cleaning up the other day and found the music CD that was in our goodie bag from the WCC2. So I throw it in the car and go for a drive, pop in the CD, listen to the tunes. the next day I'm out again and go to hit eject and nothing. So I hit it again and the power goes off. I power it back up and it goes to the radio but now it I hit the cd button it just stays on radio and the eject does nothing.
Anybody know how to get a stuck CD out of the player? mayby needle nose or tweezers? I didn't want to just start jaming more stuff in there...
TIA,
Mike D.
sgomes
Actually that is probably just what you should do!

Usually there is a little hole about the size of a paperclip idea.gif on the front somewhere. Take a look at the CD drive on the computer you are using. For sure there is one there. Push a paperclip in there and it will manually operate the eject mechanism. Don't worry you might have to push a little harder than you would expect.
markb
Does the player have a removeable faceplate?
Mike D.
QUOTE (markb @ Sep 19 2005, 10:00 AM)
Does the player have a removeable faceplate?

Yes, should I be looking for something under there?
markb
If you take the faceplate off, you can access the CD with a long, thin pair of needlenose . BTDT. smile.gif
Toast
OOps. Sorry bout that. sad.gif
markb
Blame it on Melba! biggrin.gif
StratPlayer
If your player has a removeable faceplate, see if there is a reset button in there somewhere, it will reset the computer in the player and tuner. I have an Alpine unit and it has this feature, not sure if yours will but worth a look.
Mike D.
QUOTE (Toast @ Sep 19 2005, 12:42 PM)
OOps. Sorry bout that. sad.gif

No Big Deal...I can fix it...My dads a tv repair man, he's got an awsome set of tools...I can fix it...
-Jeff Spicoli

-Mike D.

biggrin.gif
jonwatts
Probably a dislocated label on the CD. Anybody know anybody that can print CDs on the cheap? (thinking of next year's WCC).

Also, I'm interested in the track selection from the Melba CD.

SLITS
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Sep 19 2005, 04:53 PM)
Probably a dislocated label on the CD. Anybody know anybody that can print CDs on the cheap? (thinking of next year's WCC).

Also, I'm interested in the track selection from the Melba CD.

Color inkjet printer (color laser would be nice)...$100 bucks worth of templates....several hours work.............but that's another story.....................
drew365
My daughters new lap top has a DVD recorder with LightScribe technology. Burns a laser imprint right on the face so there is no paper label. Grey scale only but it still looks pretty cool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.