Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Charging Optima Battery?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
I had a dead battery over the weekend. I was able to jump it to get running. But I was wondering if it is okay to put a battery charger on an Optima? Being sealed and non vented huh.gif Eddy
drew365
I've charged mine and never had a problem. If it blows up let us know. wink.gif
bondo
It's ok, but don't let it get over 15 volts. They are vented, they just don't have any liquid electrolyte to spill. If overcharged or if they fail they will vent. Underneath the grey circles is a rubber vent cap that allowsit to vent above a certain pressure.. the vent with a little "tfveet" every few seconds. If that happens stop charging. You can start charging at a high rate, but finish it at a low rate (like 2 amps).
smooth_eddy
Thanks Royce.....

reverie
The Optima in my RX-7 went dead after a long period of non-use, and I returned the battery under Optima's standard 3-year 100% warrantee.. straight-across exchange for a new one. Still have your receipt?

Piece of cake, easy as pie.
Midtowner
How about using a Batttery Maintainer on an Optima - one that charges at 15 then drops to something lower? Seems to me that should work. smile.gif
lapuwali
I took an Optima that had discharged to under 9v (usually means stone dead), stuck it on a charger at 2 amps for several hours, and brought it back to 12.5v (healthy). It's been just fine for weeks now.
smooth_eddy
The Optima in my RX-7 went dead after a long period of non-use, and I returned the battery under Optima's standard 3-year 100% warrantee.. straight-across exchange for a new one. Still have your receipt?

Piece of cake, easy as pie.

Well by jump starting and driving it seems to be okay. I think my cd player and factory clock are draining the battery. It is pretty new, but goes dead in 2 weeks of non driving. I got mine mail order so I don't think I want to try to send it back. BTW Roger, when was the last time you baked a cake or pie???????? happy11.gif

Eddy
Howard
QUOTE (drew365 @ Sep 19 2005, 06:11 PM)
I've charged mine and never had a problem. If it blows up let us know. wink.gif

Ditto.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.