Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: valve adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
so i'm going to grab some of my valve cover gaskets and what else do i need as far as materials go?

feeler guage, wrench, screwdriver, and do i need adjusting screws....with swivel feet?
Gint
If you feel the need, you have to remove the valve adjusters to check for pitting and overall condition of the tips where they wear against the valves themselves. They don't need to be replaced unless they *need* to be replaced.

Just adjust the valves and be done with it fer cryin out loud. Don't make this another 87 page thread. I just finished up a valve adjustment this evening. First one in, what, 3 years or so? Piece a cake.
gklinger
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 15 2005, 12:34 PM)
this was just brought up maybe two days ago, use the search function in the future.
SpecialK
QUOTE (gklinger @ Sep 19 2005, 08:24 PM)
this was just brought up maybe two days ago, use the search function in the future.

OUCH! Got zinged Britt! pinch.gif

I'd just leave the adjuster that are in there, in there (unless there's obvious damage). You might want to add lots of rags for clean up to the list, a copy of Ron's (SLITS) "valve adjustment....the easy way", and an extra joint between the wrist and elbow would be helpful too. wink.gif
qa1142
QUOTE (gklinger @ Sep 19 2005, 06:24 PM)

Little grumpy? dry.gif

just help them adjust their valves and spank.gif slap.gif
elwood-914
QUOTE (gklinger @ Sep 19 2005, 06:24 PM)

Thanks,best laugh I had all day.

Britt, just go for it, it's no big deal. FOLLOW directions and you'll see, piece of cake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.