Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT:concealed radio antennas for autos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
I was doing a search to see if I could find a "trick antenna" for my car that has no antenna hole... found this instead.

Remember, call them "indicators" not elements of a "profile".... bs.gif

John

P.S. anyone know of a "flush" antenna I may use for my car's radio?

porschecb
Nothing will work if it not outside of any metal. The signal has to get to your antenna! metal can not get in the way! You can try a dipole ( a series of thin wires in either your front our rear trunk) But am I sure it will not work well!!! In fact I know it won't!! 31 inches know matter how get it is max outside the car for max. receipition on any fm or am signal. Now matter wat kind of car you have. givemebeer.gif
CptTripps
As far as antennas go, I went with Sirius.

user posted image

As far as reading that...they describe ANY car...
Flat VW
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Sep 19 2005, 07:57 PM)
As far as antennas go, I went with Sirius.

user posted image

As far as reading that...they describe ANY car...

Yeah, sat . radio is in my future..

J

Yes any AND ALL, cars.....

The nutty stuff one finds on the "net"
Flat VW
QUOTE (porschecb @ Sep 19 2005, 07:54 PM)
Nothing will work if it not outside of any metal.  The signal has to get to your antenna! metal can not get in the way! You can try a dipole ( a series of thin wires in either your front our rear trunk) But am I sure it will not work well!!! In fact I know it won't!!  31 inches know matter how get it is max outside the car for max. receipition on any fm or am signal. Now matter wat kind of car you have. givemebeer.gif

I have fiberglass boot lids, I may just try a di-pole for the giggles,

J
jonwatts
I've hoid of someone converting the defroster element on a rear window into an antenna. Of course you have to start with a rear window that has a defroster.

Flat VW
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Sep 19 2005, 08:50 PM)
I've hoid of someone converting the defroster element on a rear window into an antenna. Of course you have to start with a rear window that has a defroster.

Interesting idea, I have a de-froster switch but not the correct "glass" idea.gif

Here in "lower Arizona" we do not use um' much blowtorch.gif piratenanner.gif

P.S. --- fried banana----
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Sep 19 2005, 08:34 PM)
I was doing a search to see if I could find a "trick antenna" for my car that has no antenna hole... found this instead.

Remember, call them "indicators" not elements of a "profile".... bs.gif

John

P.S. anyone know of a "flush" antenna I may use for my car's radio?

2. Often gives signs of fertile behavior or nervousness

fertile? LOL

ebay antannae here.
scottb
the DAPO of my car ran the antenna down the passenger side long. screwy.gif

i can't receive any broadcast stations. i too will be getting sirius soon as my new stereo is already a controller.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.