Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 bumpers... OT for fun...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
Would anyone out there actually want these things? I guess if you wanted to restore a '75 or '76 to stock form.......

At the Seattle swap meet, Craig and I joked about the trading-value, leaving them in the school parking lot, putting them on top the rig but forgetting to strap them down, etc.... Ok, you can have my Fuchs if you take the bumpers.......

What would you do? Take them to a boat swap meet and sell them as a unique Porsche anchor???

There's gotta be a better alternative than PAYING someone to take them!!!!???

Miles, what would you do with '75 bumpers????
porschecb
You do not understand! When look at angle at the upside and down side of of the front bumper you will see the advantage of the slope! You get less drag with these than a flat chrome bumper laugh.gif Not to mention the advatage the same for the rear. Of course I am talking about use on track!! Not xcross.
Brando
Boat anchor is right...

replace the 100lb inner steel part with a small bit of aluminum for brackets, there ya go!
redshift
QUOTE (Rand @ Sep 20 2005, 12:00 AM)

Miles, what would you do with '75 bumpers????

ohmy.gif OH MY GOD! I NEVER WON ANYTHING! NOW 75' BUMPERS!

75' seems way to big to use. Where will I put them?

This is more of a prize to get you to open an account, huh?

M
dbledsoe
Bird baths! If you set them front face down out in the yard they're pretty good at collecting water. The birds seem to like that.
Root_Werks
laugh.gif That's funny, I have joked with Craig for a long time about BUB's.

"Oh yeah, I have an extra set of BUB's I'll toss in, NO CHARGE MAN!" happy11.gif

What I have done with the last few sets is remove the steal brace, recycle that and toss the rubber part. Other than that, maybe you could sell them to a tug boat company? idea.gif
Rand
At the swap meet I was joking about tossing them in with a deal... Or when people would ask how much for some other part I would say "no charge if you take the bumpers." Pretty soon I was offering people money to take them. biggrin.gif

Wow Miles, you move an apostrophe and it changes everything. I wish I could make them 75mm.
Aaron Cox
i had to cut mine up..... to fit em in the garbage can
pete-stevers
you could find a dumpster...locked or not, just leave em on top....and drive away quickly...... biggrin.gif
sportlicherFahrer
What kind of condition are they in? I plan on leaving my bumpers stock for a while, and they dont look to great. Think the front got tapped too. It is bent.

What do you want for them? biggrin.gif
Rand
I'm thinking sawzall practice for my son. Between the recycle and trash bins, I may be able to get rid of all the pieces next garbage pickup day.

Hey Treiber.... are you messin' with me? They're straight. If you want them, the price is a photo of you strapping them on top your teener before hauling them away! biggrin.gif
I'll even get a few neighbors together to help lift them all the way to the top of your car! laugh.gif
Allan
I've got 2 complete sets that are collecting cob webs.

Maybe little Titanic canoes?
redshift
QUOTE (Rand @ Sep 20 2005, 01:25 PM)

Wow Miles, you move an apostrophe and it changes everything. I wish I could make them 75mm.

Imagine my shock!

(... when I missed it completely, and thought I had won 75 bumpers.)

M
Brando
Hey, I'll take a front and rear...

Just the rubber outsides with the bumper tits though smile.gif
Rand
Sorry Brando, no tits. But you can have the rubbers. Not sure if you can use rubbers without tits, but I digress.

Miles, I'm sure we could come up with 74 more, you know, with all resources around this club and all.

spiritedTreiber.... This is your last chance.... meet me under the bridge with the camera at 9:00 or my son pulls the trigger.

user posted image
sportlicherFahrer
damn! I missed the deadline! I wasnt joking though. I have a buddy with a truck. If they are still up for grabs that is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.