Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 point Safety Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
Does the SFI or FIA rating give the belt manufacturer a 5 year period? On my last car I used Teamtec harnesses which were very comfortable but only a 2 year safety period before you needed new ones or a re-cert of some kind. Is there a manufacturer that has a longer rating? (Simpson, Schroth, etc.)

I'd like to not have to replace my belts every two years.

Thanks,

Bill P.
Rough_Rider
Last time i checked SFI & FIA certification gives 5 year from date of manufacturing. Ie check before you buy that a set hasn't been hanging on a shelf for a few years.

Sparco, Sabelt, Momo all had 5 year ratings. Check G-force & other US manufacturer's should be cheaper than the european guys.
john rogers
I think most organizations have or are going to the two year life time rule for belts?
Jeroen
Some belt manufacturers offer rewebbing services (cheaper than buying new belts)
So check with Teamtec if they do too...
nine14cats
Too late....Felix has the TeamTec belts in NEO914.... laugh.gif

I'm getting ready to spend the next chunk of change on the car...and it will still look like a piece of shit...

Bill P.
Jeroen
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Sep 20 2005, 10:07 PM)
Too late....Felix has the TeamTec belts in NEO914.... laugh.gif

Ok... keep it in mind then while shopping for new belts wink.gif

I'm getting ready to spend the next chunk of change on the car...and it will still look like a piece of shit...

I'm right there with ya biggrin.gif

got any updates and/or pics to share?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.