Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injector Supplier
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aveale
hey,

searching for some new/remanu. fuel injectors for my 2.0 and found www.9xauto.com

they sell some for 50% less than everywhere else I looked.

They also sell some other neat stuff.

Does anyone have any experience with this vendor?

Are these prices too good to be true?

T

SLITS
To reman an injector is in the $25 - $30 range from a rebuilder (wholesale cost)
aveale
I think they are new!

http://www.9xauto.com/914.html

At least that is the impression I get.

T
Part Pricer

This gives them an even better price

Fun with half-assed, insecure web sites

aveale
Now that is funny.

Idle hands.......

T

still looking for people with experience with 9xauto

T
SLITS
QUOTE (aveale @ Sep 20 2005, 09:44 AM)
I think they are new!

T

That's what they say....

Email or call them and ask them what the Bosch OE number is on the injector

2.0 L

'73 - '74 .... 0 280 150 019

'75 - '76 .... 0 280 150 038

Any other numbers would be "replacement or supercession numbers"
Allan
QUOTE (aveale @ Sep 20 2005, 10:35 AM)
still looking for people with experience with 9xauto

T

I think Elliot Cannon bought some carbon fiber dash inserts from them. Might want to contact him regarding service, quality, etc....
TravisNeff
No experience with them, but did you see what their pre-determined shipping price is for 1 injector? $10.50!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (aveale @ Sep 20 2005, 08:44 AM)
I think they are new!

T

They're pre-shipping price is well under half of Bosch jobber. There's NO WAY they're new Bosch injectors specified for that application. In fact, that price is below jobber price of 25 years ago. The Cap'n
CHAFF
prolly a screw up. looks like 100 bux
Engman
Hmmmmmm, only one of those look like the injectors listed below and it is the wrong color............

Could just be a screw up or maybe these are bus parts.....

M
9xauto
Some times we do have stock of new ones. If we have rebuilt ones, they are usualy half the price of ones advertised on the web. As far as our shopping cart, The "CGI" script is open for you to play with. Infact, you can place any word in to the script and it will transfer it to the shopping cart field. Like "&itemname=ass+hole"However, once you click "Purchase" it is secure. We charge orders manualy when we have merchandise to send.
bd1308
they look like L-Jet bus injectors.....

Michael J
Pretty much same price as Schucks on line "Parts America". I just bought 4 new bosch for my 1.7 for $91.00 ea.
I think we are just used to Pelican sheeplove.gif us.
ThinAir
These are the same guys with the billet aluminum fuel rails that are supposed to make your 914 run better and get better mileage - something that has been pretty well debunked here in other threads. http://www.9xauto.com/914frail.htm

My advice - run away!
aveale
Kudos to 9Xauto for speaking up!

T

unfort. they do not have my injectors in stock, but offered to rebuild mine if I got it out to them
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (aveale @ Sep 23 2005, 06:23 AM)
Kudos to 9Xauto for speaking up!

T

unfort. they do not have my injectors in stock, but offered to rebuild mine if I got it out to them

It's easy to advertise injectors for half of your cost when you don't have them! We call the whole thing "bait and switch"..... They get you in the door with the bait, then sell you something else ................ The Cap'n
9xauto
We are not the only "fish" in town to "Bate and switch". It is up to you to buy or not.

Every year 914 electronic parts are more difficult to get. Take Manifold Pressure regulator. Porsche sells them for $1200. Most rebuilders refuse to take them any more. Get them while some still have them! I do not have one to offer.
Same with injectors. Some became "rare" overnight.

However, you do not need to use OEM injectors in these cars. There are better injectors out there that do not use 30 year old technology. headbang.gif
We use generic picture on the web for the injectors. 914 injectors do not look like that.

You can change fuel management in 2.0 for more aggressive one. CB Performance have a good system to prove it.
914 with this mod. can beat early 911 hands down. I see it on every autocross.
SLITS
On the MPS, there are two entities that will rebuild them. Problem is getting the diaphrams...anybody want to commit to a production run of 5 - 10K pieces?
Part Pricer
QUOTE (9xauto @ Sep 23 2005, 04:41 PM)
We are not the only "fish" in town to "Bate and switch". It is up to you to buy or not.

Even if you can't spell, it's quite refreshing to see that you openly admit to this type of practice.

Dave_Darling
QUOTE (9xauto @ Sep 23 2005, 12:41 PM)
You can change fuel management in 2.0 for more aggressive one. CB Performance have a good system to prove it.
914 with this mod. can beat early 911 hands down. I see it on every autocross.

914s with stock fuel injection can also beat early 911s at the autocross. I see it every time I go to one.

--DD
SpecialK
I'm sending off a set to Cruzin Performance for rebuild.....$12 ea. for cleaning and flow check. Sounds like a good deal to me.

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/fuelinj.html
mike_the_man
Not too sure about the injectors, but I remember the billet fuel rail thread pretty well. 9xauto claimed huge horse power gains but they could never back up any of the claims. According to the website, simply adding their fuel rails and cranking up the fuel pressure to 50psi will give you "more aggresive acceleration" They do look pretty though.

I would personally stay clear of them, but I've had no experience with buying anything from them, so take that for what its worth.

Mueller
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Sep 23 2005, 02:32 PM)
I'm sending off a set to Cruzin Performance for rebuild.....$12 ea. for cleaning and flow check. Sounds like a good deal to me.

wow, killer deal, let us know how they come out...if positive, I have a bunch of injectors that I'd like to send to get refurbed and tested...the knowing the flow numbers is great for stock (diagnostics) and for us using aftermarket fuel injection..thanks for link
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Michael J @ Sep 22 2005, 05:31 PM)
Pretty much same price as Schucks on line "Parts America". I just bought 4 new bosch for my 1.7 for $91.00 ea.
I think we are just used to Pelican sheeplove.gif us.

53 bucks below Bosch Jobber price? I doubt they're the real thing. The Cap'n
SpecialK
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 23 2005, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (Buzzard1 @ Sep 23 2005, 02:32 PM)
I'm sending off a set to Cruzin Performance for rebuild.....$12 ea. for cleaning and flow check.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

wow, killer deal, let us know how they come out...if positive, I have a bunch of injectors that I'd like to send to get refurbed and tested...the knowing the flow numbers is great for stock (diagnostics) and for us using aftermarket fuel injection..thanks for link

Just shot them an email to get the turn around time, and specifics. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
phantom914
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 23 2005, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Michael J @ Sep 22 2005, 05:31 PM)
Pretty much same price as Schucks on line "Parts America".  I just bought 4 new bosch for my 1.7 for $91.00 ea.
I think we are just used to Pelican  :miles: us.

53 bucks below Bosch Jobber price? I doubt they're the real thing. The Cap'n

There was talk a while back that the ones in this price range were Brazilian made Bosch injectors. Some newbie named Brad claimed some spray pattern problems with the Brazilian ones IIRC.

Andrew
SLITS
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Sep 23 2005, 02:37 PM)
Not too sure about the injectors, but I remember the billet fuel rail thread pretty well. 9xauto claimed huge horse power gains but they could never back up any of the claims. According to the website, simply adding their fuel rails and cranking up the fuel pressure to 50psi will give you "more aggresive acceleration" They do look pretty though.

I would personally stay clear of them, but I've had no experience with buying anything from them, so take that for what its worth.

If the pump would make 50 lbs, the injectors would leak........and at 50 lbs, you'd have a hell of time starting your flooded engine. Can you say RICH?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 23 2005, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Sep 23 2005, 02:37 PM)
Not too sure about the injectors, but I remember the billet fuel rail thread pretty well.  9xauto claimed huge horse power gains but they could never back up any of the claims.  According to the website, simply adding their fuel rails and cranking up the fuel pressure to 50psi will give you "more aggresive acceleration"  They do look pretty though.  

If the pump would make 50 lbs, the injectors would leak........and at 50 lbs, you'd have a hell of time starting your flooded engine. Can you say RICH?

And the spray pattern wouldn't be a nice cone of fog, it'd be a flood. It starts deteriorating at well under 40psi, I can't imagine what 80 lbs would do. The Cap'n
jniemeier
Hey guys, I bought '73 2.0 injectors for $51.61 each , Bosch 280-150-019's, brand new. Last summer.
Autohaus AZ. 800-240-4620. AutohausAZ.com I remember their site had a great p/n search function, $8 total shipping, very quick.

Seemed a deal.

BTW, had my stock '73 2.0 D-jet on the dyno yesterday. It did 86 hp at the rear wheels. Seems decent for 120k miles and a set of rings. I'll post an excel file later, we did some interesting playing around with additional ballast resistance to tweak air/fuel.

driving.gif Jim N.
Bahia Red 2.0
redshift
QUOTE (Part Pricer @ Sep 20 2005, 01:06 PM)
This gives them an even better price

Fun with half-assed, insecure web sites

laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif

<------ HODDAMNIT AARON! mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.