Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: koni coilovers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Fast9146
I have a pair of blue 150lb springs originally from a koni coilover kit, and I'd like to know if anyone out there knows the part# or kit name. Heres a link to the pics: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT
Thanks,
Dave
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (Fast9146 @ Sep 20 2005, 08:23 AM)
I have a pair of blue 150lb springs originally from a koni coilover kit, and I'd like to know if anyone out there knows the part# or kit name. Heres a link to the pics: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT
Thanks,
Dave

IDUNNO.
But I have them on my car (red neck racer) Love them. even better with a spring rubber.
736conver
Jason over at paragon products can help you.
Paragon website

Thats where I got my kit from
736conver
Here's the specific link to the kit. Will be cheaper though as you dont need the springs.
914 coil over kit
Mueller
here you go...just make sure you get the right ID, they have 2 different sizes for the Koni's and other shocks...there are also different lengths of the threaded tube.

Coleman Racing coil-over kit..one of many

sorta related:
cheap coil over conversion smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 20 2005, 09:58 AM)
here you go...just make sure you get the right ID, they have 2 different sizes for the Koni's and other shocks...there are also different lengths of the threaded tube.

Coleman Racing coil-over kit..one of many

sorta related:
cheap coil over conversion smile.gif

what size are rear bilsteins????

25 each at coleman??? thats cheap
+ springs...
736conver
I think the coleman kit is a little big for the yellow konis. I remember buying those and they had a little side to side movement. I went with the paragon kit as it was a perfect fit.
I have a kit around here if someone is interested.
736conver
Dave,

What kin of shocks are you running.
SLKWrx
QUOTE (736conver @ Sep 20 2005, 09:12 AM)
I think the coleman kit is a little big for the yellow konis. I remember buying those and they had a little side to side movement. I went with the paragon kit as it was a perfect fit.
I have a kit around here if someone is interested.

Brian, Which Kit do you have, the Paragon one or the Coleman one?
Aaron Cox
Brian - will your coleman kit fit bistein sports?
736conver
My car has the paragon kit.
After digging through my parts I found I have two coleman kits
Dont know if they will fit Bilsteins.
They are 5 inches in length and id is 2.04
The other is 7 inches in length and id is 2.04
I have the othe misc pieces too just not sure if I have all of them.
If someone is interested PM or email me.

Another thing I didnt like about the coleman kit, besides the side to side fitting, was the metal ring you put on the shock didnt quite seat into the Koni shock. I used the original Konis clips with the paragon kit. THe ring is want holds the perch.
The two rings were opposites. Koni's was flat ring and the coleman kit was round. I suppose you could make the coleman ring work but I really dont want to mess around with a part that costs a couple of bucks and could cause more then a couple bucks worth of damage.
What would happen if one of the perches gave out at high speed. Not something I want to find out.

736conver
Here's the 5 inch
Fast9146
Thanks a lot guys!
736conver
Fast9146

If you want to try one of my coleman kits you can. If its works out for you you can have it for the cost of shipping . If not send it back and I will just ebay it.

Aaron Cox
im interested in a set....

let me go measure my bilsteins.....
AA
736conver
Aaron,

Same thing for you if you want. Shipping costs and they are yours.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (736conver @ Sep 20 2005, 02:49 PM)
Aaron,

Same thing for you if you want. Shipping costs and they are yours.

on that note - ill take them.

PM Sent
736conver
Aaron,

They shipped out this morning.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.