Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forssa Pick Nick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Timo
Last weekend there where big old car meeting at Forssa horce race track. Forssa is small town in Finland. About 75 miles from Helsinki.

Last year there where about 30 000 participants and 2500 old cars. Most of the cars were old american iron. I dont know the numbers of this year, but I think they are about the same.

I was there with my 914 (and new wheels and tires. boldblue.gif Finally !!) If you like to see rest of my pics, click HERE
VegasRacer
Sehr nett Timo.
Curvie Roadlover
I like the boat with the old Merc outboard smilie_pokal.gif
Jeroen
Hey Timo,

The cars looking very good!

cheers,

Jeroen
rhodyguy
the line up of cougars in the back ground is interesting. in finland no less. but i prefer the black 914 in the fore ground.

kevin
DNHunt
Timo

The car looks just great. Very nice

Dave
redshift
Awesome!

I'll bet it's hard to find little parts there.

smile.gif

M
Scott Carlberg
Timo,
the black 914 in your avatar looks like it has 911-fuchs, but in
the first picture there, the black 914 has mesh-like wheels on it.

What made you change to the mesh, if you don't mind me asking?
914Timo
What made you change to the mesh, if you don't mind me asking?

Many thanks guys. wavey.gif

Dont worry Scott. I am pleased someone is interested in what I have done.

Those are 7X16 BBS wheels. My fuchs were 15" with 205/55/15 tires. The total gearing with those wheels and tires combo were too close. I have 3 liter six. The first gear was nearly useless, but the second was a little too high for using as a first gear at starts. stfu.gif So, my solution to this problem was bigger wheels and tires. idea.gif Now with 205/55/16 tires the gears are a lot better and the speedometer is very accurate. I like the look too. cool_shades.gif

When I decided to give up those 15" Fuchs I first tried to find a set of 7x16 Fuchs, but they are pretty hard to find here. They are very expensive too. I thought about 16" and 17" Cup wheels and other aftermarket wheels also, but they are all painted. I wanted to have polished rims. Finally I found set of old BBSs from German e-bay smilie_flagge6.gif . The price was very low and the condition was ok. If you like to see what I have done to these wheels and how they look like when I get them, go and see it HERE
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.