Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
I got my new fuel pump in. It has Bosch part number 0 580 463 005 on the pump and the box says GFP 252. I did some cross reference on the internet for Bosch fuel pumps and it was Bosch pages saying that the 005 pump replaced all pumps from 005-009 with 005.

I was told by other sources that only the 009 would work for the carbs.

Anybody have any other references? Thanks, Mark

confused24.gif
Mueller
it wouldn't be a bad thing to measure the fuel pressure and even install a regulator for the fuel...they are available for carb applications..you can never have enough information further down the road........

not too sure since I'm an FI guy, but you pressure should be in the 3 to 5 lb range.........
North Bay 914
The factory Bosch pump has a built in regulator, at 3.5 PSI, and is the best pump EVER made for Webers I am told by a reputable source. There was another thread about this just recently.
sixnotfour
Does it have a Blue dot across from the hose nipples?
009 is listed in the spec book and notes the blue dot .
Joe Bob
Unless you are going for Concours points, you can use any fuel pump that can run around 3.5 lbs of pressure or has a good flow regulator. Personaly I like one that runs a little high and neck it down....pumps can get tired and regulators can always be adjusted...
GeorgeRud
I've had good luck with a Piermat pump sold through MidAmerica. It's set at 3.5 lbs., and only costs ~$60.00. Some fitting is needed to make a return line to the tank, but since I had moved the pump up by the steering rack, that was easy. I use it on my 2.7 liter conversion, and the fuel pressure guage in the engine compartment seems to stay @ 3.5 lbs., so the Webers are happy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.