Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where do the ground lugs connect
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I'm restoring the original D-Jetronic EFI to my 73 2.0L and have reached the stage where I'm installing the harness. There are six white ground leads that connect to three spade lugs at the center rear of the engine. I can't find the corresponding male lugs to connect these to. I suspect they are missing from the car. I could fabricate a ground lead with three male lugs on one end and an eyelet on the other end and bolt this to one of the case bolts. However before I do this I'd like to know what was supposed to be there and where it connects to the engine or chassis to pick up ground. Can anyone tell me - or better yet send a picture - of what these are supposed to connect to? Also, does anyone know where I can get the part?
John
Sorry, no picture, but all those grounds went to a connector under one of the case bolts. The case bolt is the rearmost upper case bolt (closest to flywheel end yet still on "top" of the case. I hope that helps. I probably could find one as I have converted a few to carbs over the years....

You could cut all the spade connectors off and crimp or solder an eyelet on to put under the case bolt. (just a thought)
billd
QUOTE (JOHNMAN @ Sep 21 2005, 10:09 AM)
I probably could find one as I have converted a few to carbs over the years....

If you can find one, I'd be happy to buy it from you.

Hmm I seem to be missing this case bolt too.
lapuwali
Anywhere on the engine itself the wires will reach is fine. You could just splice all of those wires together into one sizeable ring terminal and connect that to the case bolt (once you find the missing case bolt, which is another story).
JeffBowlsby
There is a special ring connector Bob, it has 3 male spades on it. I am certain Rich at High Peformance House near you would have them cheap. I have also located them under the rear bolt head holding the 2.0L TB to the plenum, seems to be a more convenient place for them. They ground through the plenum to the case.
Dave_Darling
It's not that special, though. It's a round washer with three tabs sticking off of it. The tabs get bent so they are perpendicular to the surface of the washer, and the three female spade connectors slide onto the tabs. The washer goes on, really, any of the case through-bolts.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.