Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Engine Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kdfoust
I just did a search and didn't really turn up much on -6 conversion engine mounts, which surprised me.

I've just sourced a 3.2. I'm looking at various engine mounts. The PMS mount looks appealing in that it appears to allow the engine to be swiveled at the mount for service. Although I'm mildly concerned about the mounting method to the firewall on that mount.

What have you all been using for mounts?

Regards,
Kevin

brant
Kevin,

I'm only a lone voice in the sea....
but especially after last weekend at the race track I am SOLD on the PMS mount.

tilting the motor for a valve adjustment has always been a pleasant experience with the Patric mount. I have to drop the shift linkage, loosen the oil return line and thats it.

However, I really proved it was worth it last weekend. We broke a rocker arm shaft at the track. On saturday I dropped the motor 3 times in the pits. I still made it out for qualifying at the end of the day. I would NEVER have even attempted to drop the motor 3 times without the Patric mount. Its the only reason I was able to finish the weekend.... and I'm glad I did, because I set my own PR for that track on sunday (with a borrowed, used rocker shaft installed)

brant
J P Stein
Rich Johnson's is my preference.....and I have nothing against Patric biggrin.gif
kdfoust
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Sep 21 2005, 02:08 PM)
Rich Johnson's is my preference.....and I have nothing against Patric biggrin.gif

I that this'n?
brant
I want to add that Rich Johnsen is one of the absolute most honest and helpful 914 parts suppliers out there.

I have some of Rich's products and am very pleased with them.

I do like the tilt feature though.....

brant
J P Stein
QUOTE (kdfoust @ Sep 21 2005, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Sep 21 2005, 02:08 PM)

I that this'n?

Ayup.
echocanyons
I picked up one of RJ's mounts. It is very well constructed and well worth the money.

Why even consider anthing else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.