Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA Solo II
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
I am in CS or DSP - not sure have rear coil overs.

Garold and I scored 17th and 18th respectively out of 43 last sunday! smilie_pokal.gif

Who runs what in Solo II?
CS stock 914 - and run PCA stock J class
DSP change EFI + but what PCA class would you run????
SM2 ??

What class is your car and what motor do you have?
J P Stein
F Prepared with a 2.7L.
It can win locally....if I put a good driver in it. The regular guy sux. sad.gif
nynone4
SM2 in a 1970 914-6

2.7 RS Spec engine

J P Stein
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Sep 22 2005, 05:52 AM)
SM2 in a 1970 914-6

2.7 RS Spec engine

Eew, tough class. Have any trouble with them modded Z06 thingys?
nynone4
Yes - as a matter of fact I do... heheh.

This past weekend was the maiden voyage for the six at the autocross, and I was beaten by a guy in a Z06 - but only by a couple tenths. A little more seat time, or a few more runs, and I think I woulda had him...

...or at least that's what I keep tellin' myself. biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
EP in my '95 Jetta.

But I think I'll try stock in my 914 once I get this oil leak fixed. Just for time, though. I've seen stock 914 in just sticky tires just beat down the course smile.gif And c'mon JP, I think the driver is pretty good cool.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Sep 22 2005, 09:00 AM)
EP in my '95 Jetta.
And c'mon JP, I think the driver is pretty good cool.gif

Thanks, Toby, but the fact is, I'm stuck.....or worser, slowing down. I've been setting at the same step for over a year and just can't seem to get over it.
I've had 3 or 4 good (some REAL good)drivers get into the car and go 1,2,3 sec quicker than I.....stuck, I tell ya.
Maybe I'm just one of these guys that can build em' but can't drive em'....it happens. I keep hoping that there's some breakthrough that's gonna come.....so I keep trying.

Maybe a Testosterone injection......
9146R
Very nice looking ride Nyone....no doubt you had the Z06 guy scratching his head...go get him next time out....keep us informed of your progress.
Greg
nynone4
QUOTE (9146R @ Sep 22 2005, 11:26 AM)
Very nice looking ride Nyone....no doubt you had the Z06 guy scratching his head...go get him next time out....keep us informed of your progress.
Greg

Thanks Greg - will do!
J P Stein
Fact is, tho we get 40 Porsche drivers at our PCA AXs, only 4-6 Porsche show up at the SCCA's doings. Seems to be about on a par with this forum. We'll get 10-15 SCCA guys at at out PCA AXs.

Here's the top 10 from our last one. NP means non Porsche.

Pos. Class # Rookie Driver Car Model Raw Time Diff. From 1st
1 NP 1144 McCuskey, John 1972 Datsun 240Z 33.369 0.000 0.000
2 NP 30 Paulson, James 2004 Subaru sti 34.228 0.859 0.859
3 P4 94 Eames, Curtis 1997 993 Carrera 2 34.238 0.010 0.869
4 NP 40 Doyle, Brian 2004 Subaru Sti 34.397 0.159 1.028
5 P4 194 Eames, Pam 1997 993 Carrera2 34.869 0.472 1.500
6 M1 4 Stein, JP 1974 914-6 35.739 0.870 2.370
7 NP 144 Kerchner, Kayla 1972 Datsun 240Z 35.869 0.130 2.500
8 NP 130 Paulson, Danielle 2004 Subaru sti 36.103 0.234 2.734
9 P5 31 Hays, Gary 2004 Boxster 37.084 0.981 3.715
10 P3 61 Freedle, Eric 1986 911 37.105 0.021 3.736

59 entries.
Joseph Mills
I volunteer for my ass whuppin'. biggrin.gif

My CSP classed 914 was reclassified last year to DSP.

I asked to stay in CSP cuz that's where the competition is.

They said okay. biggrin.gif

So to win my class, first I have to beat our new National Champion, and then I have to beat the driver that is beating him, and then I have to beat the other driver that's also beating him. unsure.gif

Watch what you ask for. laugh.gif

Air_Cooled_Nut
Well JP, I just finished taking the 914 for a test drive. Got up to 3rd gear and traveled a total distance of 1/2 mile biggrin.gif Smoked like a coal-burning chimney but definitely less than before and no oil drips yet so I think that was just left over oil from my valve cover leak and previous cleaning when I had the engine out. Keeping my fingers crossed for no oil drips on the clean garage floor in the morning pain30.gif If so, I'll gladly take her out to the next Solo II for a time-only run to see what it's like cool.gif It'll be interesting with the old, hard tires but some of the body has been lightened [by rust] so my power-to-weight ratio should help laugh.gif
Andyrew
Im in E mod...

Runnin with the 2500lb corvettes and fords....

yay...

biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (nynone4 @ Sep 22 2005, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (9146R @ Sep 22 2005, 11:26 AM)
Greg

Thanks Greg - will do!

agree.gif It only took 35 years for GM to build and sell a car that can compete with our Lil teener driving.gif WTG! clap.gif

You may not beat the Z06 but I bet you made to owners wallet hurt.... dry.gif
Joe Ricard
70 914-4 Running in SM-2 We gots no Vettes in this area running SM-2 . But I am knocking on the door of TTOD most every event. .04 out last event.

2.0L Type IV fliped ZD 3rd gear, Konis Coil overs, pushes the scales at 1965 lbs Big fatty Hoosiers stock brakes good pads. Dats about it. But the driver is learning how to go fast mueba.gif

Oh yea Coil overs = D Street prepared.
J P Stein
Rick:
SM2 (street mod 2) is a katie bar the door class for all highly modified 2 seat cars. They need to retain their street legal equipment, but not OEM stuff. They are limited to R spec tires, but about anything else goes. Your car would slot nicely in there biggrin.gif

C-4 Vettes do quite well at AX also. They are nationally competive in several classes. There's a B Mod 65 Vette...noisy sumbitch... that is often TTOD localy....when he don't break.biggrin.gif

Most guys (CA guys mostly) on this forum.....I haven't taken a poll....stick to PCA events for various reasons. You'll note that most of those responding to this thread are from outside CA. The PCA guys aren't exposed to the spectrum of cars that run SCCA and thus have mistaken impressions of many cars. Having said that, I can understand why guys don't want to run SCCA. It's production AX. 4-5 runs tops...*but only the first 3 count*. That tends to focus ones attention. The CA guys can run PCA all day & get lots of butt time.....but, it's a "small pond".biggrin.gif

Our local SCCA events have between 100 & 175 cars show up......D sport racers to Yugos biggrin.gif and most of them are gearheads....no "I got a 100k car so my shit don't stink" types. The only thing that impressed these guys are the numbers that flash up on the timing display.

Porsche Rescue
Slight correction to JP's top ten: number 9, Gary Hays, usually drives a Boxster and finishes fairly high. His 9th place last time was in his wife's late model VW Beatle! One more example of "the driver is the most important mod"! Thankfully, I didn't play because my car wasn't ready. Otherwise my 2.7 six would have been beaten by a VW. And then there is that young girl in the stock 914-4!
J P Stein
Just don't show these animals a pic of McCuskey's granddaughter there in the 7th spot. 16 years old in about her 6th AX.
Triaddave
jp, we have an auto-x at bremerton this saturday. come on up, i have the red car with the new engine running strong.
Rough_Rider
I think i'll be looking for a trailer this winter so i can make it to events other than PIR.

SCCA event Oct 8th at PIR. I'll aim to be there.
PCA Oct 23rd.
J P Stein
Trev:
That's a 2 dayer, the 8th & 9th in the pro pits which is somewhat better than where we have been running.

Dave:
Sorry, dood, you don't get to kick my ass laugh.gif. I have picket duty at 12am-4am Sunday morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.