Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: thanks dan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
it looks great. all the black came out and feathered the wear out. still have to revarnish it.
messix
back side
messix
here are some pict's of the cleaned up and installed wheel
messix
and
messix
the wheel had a split in it that i filled with some epoxy wood filler. it didn't take stain very well. but doesn't look to bad.
Root_Werks
Cool! It looks MUCH better now for sure! I wonder what brand it is? It said "Made in Italy" on the back. idea.gif
messix
i think it a personal
Gint
How about a little detail here. Process etc...? How did Dan help? Secret process or recipe for stain or varnish? Enquiring minds want to know!

I'd like to refinish this MOMO wheel because I really like it.
Gint
As you can see, it's kinda rough.

Gint
'nuther...

messix
QUOTE (Gint @ Sep 27 2005, 04:13 PM)
How about a little detail here. Process etc...? How did Dan help? Secret process or recipe for stain or varnish? Enquiring minds want to know!

I'd like to refinish this MOMO wheel because I really like it.

thanks to Dan 'cause he took pitty on this csob and don't tell any one but he gave me a great price on it and the hub adapter. [i have made comments on how i liked that wheel].

process? sand it down [150grit to 500 or 1000 if you want it really polished. then cherry stain and finished with spar varnish [ i found some spray can stuff that worked very good.]
messix
sorry i didnt take b4 pict. of mine. it looked very similar to yours.

the crack [or split] in mine was pretty wide and deep,thats why i filled it with epoxy wood filler.
Gint
QUOTE (messix @ Sep 27 2005, 05:25 PM)
sorry i didnt take b4 pict. of mine. it looked very similar to yours.

the crack [or split] in mine was pretty wide and deep,thats why i filled it with epoxy wood filler.

Thanks Troy!

I never thought I liked wood wheels in 914s, but they're starting to grow on me and I really like this one. Yours looks cool too. I don't think that filler strip looks too awful. I'm going to have to do that with this wheel also.
GaroldShaffer
agree.gif

I bought my car with the wood wheel (dino) & dash face and I really like the look.

messix
garold that looks real nice. one of a very few that had the wheel and dash trim match.
Gint
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Sep 27 2005, 06:17 PM)
agree.gif

I bought my car with the wood wheel (dino) & dash face and I really like the look.

We were looking at Steve's car at RRC and talking about that very thing. He has a wood dash that actually looks nice. As does your of course. With a matching wheel no less.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.