Full Version: carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
40? 44?

Weber IDF

Dorello (sp)

Others?
GeorgeRud
I've had Solex, Weber 44s, etc. on my cars in the past, and by far the best is the fuel injection. The carbs were used since the injection was not very tunable for racing. For a street car, you can't beat the injection. If yours isn't working, I have a complete 73 1.7 you can have for parts.
morph
what you like is what i consider "best"i run weber IDFs.im gonna start playing with some solex p40s.i only recomend if the motor has been altered to the point you need carbs. (adjustability)
james
Aaron Cox
what cam? what displacement....

stock motors rock on stock FI....

hot motors suck with stock FI

hot motors with big cams can run great on carbs and or PEFI

all in the application.....
sean_v8_914
my experience has been that Dellortos are much better runners than webbers. mm for mm they even flow more. Dellorto jets are very expensive now and hard to find. Empi just started making NEW webber IDF knock-off, made in china. teh china carbs use teh readily available webber jets, venturis and all other parts are interchangeable
webber jets are cheaper and very easy to source
914ghost
I've run them all, Solex's are cool, but not easy to get right on a T4, and the manifolds are hard to come by, parts are hard to get too for regular people.
Weber's are great, but a all around they run a little rough compared to Dellortos.
I tried them all and found Dellortos to be the best all around- but its just my experience. My 1.8L with 36mm Dell's drove like it was fuel injected all year round- rain, snow, sun- perfect.
But dont swap to carbs for no good reason, try and work with the FI first, go to carbs if it gets real bad or you have no FI.
Bob O
p.s. I have a whole Dellorto fer sale setup just sittin here- what a coincedence.
sean_v8_914
just ask any FI questions here on teh club. we will help you fix it

FI is better that carbs
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 21 2005, 11:38 PM)
what cam? what displacement....

stock motors rock on stock FI....

hot motors suck with stock FI

hot motors with big cams can run great on carbs and or PEFI

all in the application.....

agree.gif AAron hit the nail on the head...

stock engines should stay stock FI...

hotter cam? carbs or aftermarket FI
bigger than 2.0 or mild 2056? ditto

the bigger engine also will change which carbs... 2056 is fine with 40s, 2270, 44s, more? 48s

also depends on who is tweaking them, and playing with the jets to make the carbs run perfect! carb guru can do amazing things with the jets and get them very smooth... a fool such as I? not a chance
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.