Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake Manifold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maine914
I am fairly sure the cause of some of my engine problems is a leak around the intake manifolds. I have downdraft dellorto carbs sitting on the top of them. I am planning to remove the manifolds and replace the gaskets. Are there any do's or don'ts you can suggest so I don't screw this up too badly? Such as remove it hot or cold [I assume its dead cold], what if any loosening chemicals to use [I've used PB Penetrating with success on other parts of the car], and any other tricks of the trade.
Thanks
SirAndy
shouldn't be a big deal. just make sure, once they're off, get some old rag and stuff it into the intake.
otherwise murphy's law will come around and kick you in the butt big time.
it's a major PITA to get those nuts and washers back out of the intake, or, if they make it past the valve, you gotta have to remove the head ...

Andy
Jeroen
Use paper towels to close the intakes instead of rags

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Aug 5 2003, 02:05 PM)
Use paper towels to close the intakes instead of rags

you mean like these? wink.gif

IPB Image

paper towels don't "fussel" so they're better than a rag, unless you have a "fussel-free" rag handy, which is, of course, what i was referring to ...

Andy
Bleyseng
"fussel"????

WTF is that, Andy.

Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Aug 5 2003, 03:03 PM)
"fussel"????
WTF is that, Andy.

didn't know the word in english and was too lazy to look it up ...

the \"fussel\" translated ...

you know, those little "fuzzels" you get all over when using those cheap rags.
Andy
Jeroen
Regular rags posibly leave threads/pieces of rag (or fussel biggrin.gif) inside the intake port (and into the cilinder), which could cause damage...
If this happens with paper towels, it will just disolve in the oil, without ill effects
Ofcourse you won't have this problem with "fussel-less" rags

I hope this isn't too confusseling biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
Aaron Cox
this is so fussel-strating to try and understand! laugh.gif
seanery
fuzz
MarkV
Lint or fuzzies but never fussels w00t.gif

Unless you are applying WD-40, in which case fussels don't matter.
Maine914
"Foozle" is a bungling golf stroke.
"Fusel" is bad liquor.
"Fussle" is now a tendency to slowly disintegrate. Send it to Webster's.
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like easy surgery...just don't leave anything inside.
tryan
lint-free. no fizzle....fo shizzle.

to fussle your brain on fusel will make you foozle. is that teenbonics or what?
Aaron Cox
um... No on the teenbonics. thats called SNoop-onics or ebonics. not just limited to the teens wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.