Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sound proofing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
My neighbor is having his roof redone...
idea.gif
I had the door liners off the toyota to repair the door handle/lock mechanism and install a tinted window I scabbed off the parts truck I had for a time...
smash.gif
I wandered over to grab a couple scraps of what is called "Ice and Water Shield" to keep ice dams from leaking into the house. I cut a few rectangles, 8" X 30" and 8" X 8". (2 Each) Peeled off the film backing and snuck it through the spaces of the door liner. Put the longer piece across the bottom of the door and the smaller one up near the door handle. And...
aktion035.gif
Sound proofed!!!
It doesn't sound like a tin can when I shut the doors now!

The stuff costs about fifty dollars a roll (enough to do about 900 cars) and sticks to anything!
bd1308
factory tar replacement?

undercarriage covering....
jasons
Thats good to know. Dynamat is just too $$$$$.
Dead Air
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 22 2005, 05:32 AM)
factory tar replacement?

undercarriage covering....

[QUOTE]

The next area to do would be behind my seats. I don't think it would work on the undercarrage. It would get too much abuse.
I think it would work great behind the back pad.
tat2dphreak
mcmaster carr makes a dynamat replacement too... gud and much cheaper, about $30 to do one of our cars... I have a box of it at home to put in.
rickso71
I've heard about "Peel and Stick" as an inexpensive Dynamat alternative and found some at Lowe's. It's aluminum on one side and some sort of tar/sticky plastic on the other. Haven't installed any though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.