Full Version: New gas prices
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
davep
$1.04 per liter in Brantford
$1.79 in Windsor
$2.50 in Statford apparently
914GT
This won't help. Time is EDT today.

11:05 a.m.: Rita has forced 11 refineries to shut down and two more to deeply cut runs, further stretching already tight fuel supplies. Facilities including Exxon Mobil's massive 557,000 barrel a day Baytown refinery, the country's largest, and BP's 437,000 barrel a day Texas City refinery, the country's third-largest, are shutting down as Rita takes aim at Houston, capital of the U.S. energy industry. See WSJ map of oil and gas facilities.
SLITS
Rationing @ $10 a gallon.................

I think I'll take advantage of "Employee Pricing" and buy a new Navigator or Cadilliac whatever they're called..........
Tobra
Just went and filled the 914 up @ $3.05 a gallon for premium, the wife's SUV at $2.85 for reg, will fill integra when I go to work. Expect a price spike.
davep
Thing is, we have our own wells, and refineries. They are not affected by the breeze down south.
Tobra
Y'all sell a hell of a lot of oil to US though. With our global economy, when a hurricane wipes out 25% of the US refinery capacity, it makes some pretty big ripples. We refine oil for Cali in Cali for special smog free super expensive fuel(Comes out the tailpipe smelling like patchouli), but still had gas prices jump $0.50 after Katrina
tdgray
QUOTE (davep @ Sep 22 2005, 11:25 AM)
$1.04 per liter in Brantford
$1.79 in Windsor
$2.50 in Statford apparently

$1.04 per liter in Brantford - $3.93 / US gallon
$1.79 in Windsor - 6.77 / US Gallon
$2.50 in Statford apparently - $9.46 / US Gallon

Thats a huge freaking difference. What gives huh.gif

EDIT-

You know the more I thought about this, the more it makes no sense.

Example - Assume you had a car that had a 16 gallon tank and got 26 miles per gallon. You could go 416 miles on that tank of gas. At Brantford - it costs $62.88 to fill up the tank. At Statford it costs $151.36. This means if you lived less than 292.5 (585 round trip) miles from Brantford it would pay you to drive instead of getting gas at Statford (assuming the two are 292.50 miles or less apart - I have no freaking clue where they are).

Oh and also dismissing the fact that you would run out of gas before you got back because you only have a range of 416 miles in your car. wacko.gif
double-a
paid $2.65 last night at costco.

~a
Root_Werks
Makes me wish I worked closer to home. I do take the bus, so no big deal there unless they start charging more for bus passes. unsure.gif

Hmm, not a bad thought, I should fill up the wifes car tonight. She gets about 30mpg. Should also top off the motorcycle and mower gas can. I only fill those every few months. Maybe all this will be past us (Price wise) by then? confused24.gif
tdgray
Oh BTW... price jumped 13 cents here in twenty minutes.

Went out to lunch passed gas station... $2.69 gallon

Co-worker came back from lunch a few minutes ago. He filled up at same gas station for $2.82. ohmy.gif
rhodyguy
wait until Rita the Monster is done. you haven't seen anything. there is an upside. the saudis are thinking about uping production. too bad they couldn't have done it when oil was $47 (usd) a barrel.

k
double-a
it aint the supply of oil that's killing prices, there's plenty of oil. it's the bottleneck at the processing end that's causing the high prices; refineries can't keep up with demand. and they aren't exactly building any new refineries, thanks to... well let's not go there. wink.gif

~a
davep
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 22 2005, 08:10 AM)
I think I'll take advantage of "Employee Pricing" and buy a new Navigator or Cadilliac whatever they're called..........

I'm thinking more along the lines of a gasoline tanker. Fill it for a buck a liter today at a terminal and sell for three bucks a liter in a week or two. A great investment opportunity.
Sammy
Dave, you can do the exact thing in the gasoline futures markets and you don't have to rent a tanker truck. i do it all the time, buying and selling future options. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose, but on average i'm up quite a bit.
Gint
I just filled up at $2.65 a gallon for the trip to RRC. I think I'll dump in a can of BG44K while I'm at it.
bd1308
careful, when the last hurricane hit, the gas quality was also very bad....
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Gint @ Sep 22 2005, 12:49 PM)
I just filled up at $2.65 a gallon for the trip to RRC. I think I'll dump in a can of BG44K while I'm at it.

WHERE?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.