Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front oil cooler time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
E. Fry
I am getting closer to doing the front oil cooler project in my six. I'm looking at the Patrick Motorsports package. Cooler, GT shroud, and louvered patch panel for trunk floor. Does anyone know anything about this package? Or a better package elsewhere?

Thanks
J P Stein
Got a link or do I have to go rootin around for the website?
ArtechnikA
hard to evaluate 'better' because you haven't told us anything about the car...
4? 6? street use? AX? track events? race car?
E. Fry
Sorry JP, Patrick doesn't show the package I am speaking of on their site. (I know, BOOO). I e-mailed them and they sent me the info. The shroud apears to be a glass copy of the GT. I don't know the size of the cooler, I think it is about the size of the orig GT cooler, not real huge. Plus they supply a square, louvered patch panel for the floor (exhaust). The package runs less that $600. On the face it sounds appealing, just looking for past experiance feed-back.
By the way, Hi JP. Have you moved your kill switch yet? HA HA
E. Fry
Actually I did state SIX in my first post, but you are right more info would help.
I have a 2.7 six now. may be 3.2 in distant future.
The car is built to auto-x. Here in the Pacific NW we don't mess around, Our site is an old runway and taxi way. I have seen 4th gear a number of times. Still runs average 60 secs. Next season I am planning on running a few lapping days also, This is 20 min. sessions on a road course at the same site.
I hope this helps narrow the scope some.
J P Stein
QUOTE (E. Fry @ Sep 22 2005, 08:34 AM)
Sorry JP, Patrick doesn't show the package I am speaking of on their site. (I know, BOOO). I e-mailed them and they sent me the info. The shroud apears to be a glass copy of the GT. I don't know the size of the cooler, I think it is about the size of the orig GT cooler, not real huge. Plus they supply a square, louvered patch panel for the floor (exhaust). The package runs less that $600. On the face it sounds appealing, just looking for past experiance feed-back.
By the way, Hi JP. Have you moved your kill switch yet? HA HA

On the face of it, it seems like a good buy. I have more than that in the parts for mine. My cooler alone was 300, hoses & fittings about 250, thermo 200.....I like good parts even tho I'm slow biggrin.gif
My install is a bit diffrent than what you're planning, me thinks.
I have no shroud nor hole in the floor, but decent venting.... specially when the hood pops up. That was a great weekend at AX. cool_shades.gif

I put a guard over the switch thanks for asking dry.gif
Flat VW
I have this set-up as built by Patrick, zero complaints....

John driving.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Sep 22 2005, 08:59 AM)
I have this set-up as built by Patrick, zero complaints....

John driving.gif

As long as you do not need a spare tire!!

J burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.