Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L Muffler fastener info needed.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Air_Cooled_Nut
Getting the 2.0L muffler gaskets this afternoon and I need the proper fasteners to bolt the muffler to the exhaust. What metric fasteners do I need? The ones from the PO were too small and too long.

TIA!
Dave_Darling
They're M8, shank length of about 20-25mm. Use a good anti-sieze, flat washers, and split lock-washers.

--DD
Air_Cooled_Nut
Thanks Dave. I used 25mm but 30mm would've been the perfect length as the 25mm ran flush with the nut and, ideally, 2-3 threads should be exposed beyond the nut.
dmenche914
trouble with metric? Then use 5/16 NC bolts, use 1 inch long for four of the bolts, and 1.25 inch long for two of them (two longer ones are the ones that also must pass thru the hanger) These will fit perfectly, and allowed one spilt lock and two each solid washers on each bolt (and the nut). (note length measurement is NOT counting the bolt head, only the shank of the bolt)

American hardware is acceptable on the exhaust, cause it fits like a charm.

I used grade eight bolts just well just becuase I guess, figure they might be more corrosion resistant. Definatly use anti-seeze as suggested, and do not use the nylock nuts, as it is too hot an enviroment for them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.