Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funky turn signal issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tobra
The turn signals work, blinky blinky, but sometimes the little indicator light on the dash that flashes when the signals do, stays sort of half-assed lit.

On another turn signal related note. Are the little rubber doo-dads that go inside the fender and protect the turn signal and side marker light wiring unobtainium, or is there somewhere they can be had?
Dave_Darling
When my car did that, it was the turn signal flasher relay (on top of the fuse panel) going out. Replacing the relay with a used one fixed it. I pulled the cover off and found that the contacts inside were burned. I tossed it after seeing that; I probably should'a cleaned it up to keep as a spare.

Also check your grounds.

--DD
fiid
My car has exactly the same issue and I have been unable to resolve it despite putting in new relays.

I can also effect the behaviour with headlights (going up to brights and back to dips) and the brake light (i.e. tapping the brake pedal).

I replaced with a new relay which sometimes just sits there buzzing - which can be effected by all the things I mentioned before.

I never had a persistent problem like this with Lucas electrics on the spitfire blink.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (fiid @ Sep 22 2005, 11:43 AM)
My car has exactly the same issue and I have been unable to resolve it despite putting in new relays.

I can also effect the behaviour with headlights (going up to brights and back to dips) and the brake light (i.e. tapping the brake pedal).

I replaced with a new relay which sometimes just sits there buzzing - which can be effected by all the things I mentioned before.

I never had a persistent problem like this with Lucas electrics on the spitfire blink.gif

Bad grounds. On the Spitfire, they never worked long enough to HAVE a problem. The Cap'n
MartyYeoman
How about this one.
My turn signal dash indicator lights only blink with the hazard light system turned on.
Otherwise, the turn signals work properly.
I check signal operation by watching my volt gauge bounce.
Any ideas??
Tobra
It is probably bad grounds, I need to take all that stuff off and clean it up, but will almost certainly procrastinate until I am taking it off to get the thing painted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.