Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Taco Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meares
What and where is the taco plate?
aveale
So many jokes, so little time.

I believe it is the 4" round plate that gives access to the oil strainer beside the oil drain plug.

T
lapuwali
No. The taco plate is off to the driver's side of the sump, forward. It's held on with two bolts. The oil temp sender goes there, if the car is equipped with one. The round plate in the center IS the oil strainer, but it's not the "taco plate". That's where the "tuna can" goes, if you have one.
SLITS
hijacked.gif

Tuna & Tacos....where's RS when we need him?
Kerrys914
agree.gif

This is going to be a great thread biggrin.gif type.gif
Dave_Darling
The taco plate is $4.99, comes withtwo tacos, rice and beans. You want nachos with that?

Next!

--DD
Midtowner
It certainly doesn't help me in that my other nickname is "Taco". wacko.gif
meares
i knew this would be a wild one!!!!!!!! do you drain the oil through the black plate where the strainer is or through the bolt near it? the reason i ask is a can't get the damn bolt off...so i drain it through the strainer piece.
machina
not that funny but here it is
SLITS
The bolt is the actual drain....you can drain it through the strainer, but then you need two new gaskets and a torque wrench (DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THE BOLT).

The drain plug (bolt) should be 19 mm as I remember (or maybe 18, but certainly not 17).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.