Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP NEEDED!!! RRC CARAVAN!!!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
Toasts ride 73 2.0, ate a fuel pump. one needed ASAP.

Anyone going that direction that has a DJET fuel pump handy???? melba (toast)'s fuel pump has left them stranded....

call melba
951 205 8612
Series9
Stranded where?
ThinAir
I left her a message. I've got a "bus style" pump that will work. (1 inlet, 1 outlet). It's the style that I converted my 73 to use and I think it's the same style that 914s used in 75-76. I'm leaving at 4 a.m. MST.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 22 2005, 06:10 PM)
I left her a message. I've got a "bus style" pump that will work. (1 inlet, 1 outlet). It's the style that I converted my 73 to use and I think it's the same style that 914s used in 75-76. I'm leaving at 4 a.m. MST.

that's great. i was checking with the colorado group too. we are leaving at 5 am though.

she's broke down in St. George. she was going to hav ethe car towed to Moab.
Series9
That's a long way to tow a car. Where's Joe Sharp and his huge trailer?
ThinAir
Yikes! She could buy a 914 for what a tow will cost from St. George to Moab! Isn't there someone in Las Vegas that could run up I-15 and bring her a pump?
Gint
QUOTE (914RS @ Sep 22 2005, 08:51 PM)
That's a long way to tow a car. Where's Joe Sharp and his huge trailer?

Agreed. That's gotta be 4 hours or so. More on a flatbed. Anybody have status? Greg called me while we were at dinner. Just got back.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 22 2005, 07:53 PM)
Yikes! She could buy a 914 for what a tow will cost from St. George to Moab! Isn't there someone in Las Vegas that could run up I-15 and bring her a pump?

Vegasracer is already with them.....
ThinAir
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 22 2005, 07:54 PM)
Yikes!  She could buy a 914 for what a tow will cost from St. George to Moab!  Isn't there someone in Las Vegas that could run up I-15 and bring her a pump?

If John is with Toast, then he could zip back down to Vegas, get a pump, and be back faster than towing.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 22 2005, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 22 2005, 07:54 PM)
Yikes!  She could buy a 914 for what a tow will cost from St. George to Moab!  Isn't there someone in Las Vegas that could run up I-15 and bring her a pump?

If John is with Toast, then he could zip back down to Vegas, get a pump, and be back faster than towing.

he is with melba currently - call and suggest that to John
Gint
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 22 2005, 08:10 PM)

Read through the thread again. Ernie, are you planning on driving through St. George? If so, then that sounds like the best option. Bring the fuel pump with you regardless. I left a voice mail on Toast's phone. We are 10 hours from St. George. Puch comes to shove we can find a fuel pump tonight and drive out there. If we left at midnight, it's do-able for sure.

Somebody let me know what's happening. 720-480-2540
ThinAir
I can't go through St. George. I'd have to drive to Las Vegas first to get there from Flagstaff - there's this big hole in the ground (The Grand Canyon) between here & there. I'm leaving at 4 a.m. with Mike Wills in Caravan through Tuba City, Monument Valley, etc.

I'll bring the pump, in fact I've got 2 and one of them should work.
ThinAir
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 22 2005, 07:57 PM)
he is with melba currently - call and suggest that to John

Anyone got his phone number?
TROJANMAN
when i spoke to melba, i think she was going to tow to Richfield tonight. (just before salina) she wanted the part to go to moab though. the tow truck was just getting there when i was talking to her, so i am not super clear on the instructions. she is with vegas though.
Series9
This map suggests that 89 goes to St. George from Flagstaff.
ThinAir
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 22 2005, 08:11 PM)
when i spoke to melba, i think she was going to tow to Ridley tonight? (just before salina) she wanted the part to go to moab though. the tow truck was just getting there when i was talking to her. she is with vegas though.

I think it's Richfield that she's headed for (can't find a Ridley). It's almost to Salina.

If she's gonna get that far tonight, then bringing the part to Moab is the best way to go. She'll be half way there when she gets to Richfield and the way the roads go there really isn't anyplace to hook up with them until they are almost to Moab anyway (where Utah 24 meets I-70).

I'll bring the 2 pumps and I've got all my tools along anyway.
TROJANMAN
i've made that drive on I70 many times. Salina is the last stop for 250+ miles. there is a big sign warning you to fuel up. nothing between there and Green River.
TROJANMAN
Found a 73 fuel pump!
Gint
Greg is going to pick up at least one fuel pump. Ernie DeVries is bringing two from Flagstaff.

Toast (Melba) is being towed to Richfield as far as we know.

We've done about all we can do. Unless we get more detail, and Melba's voice mail is refusing any more messages.

It's time to get some sleep...
ThinAir
Well, I've got one pump. The other one turned out to be a pump for a carbed car. The one I've got is an MSD brand. I ran it in my son's bus, then pulled it in favor of a Bosch pump. I'm pretty sure the pump is ok, but to make sure we're covered I'm headed for AutoZone to pick up a new pump. They've got one in stock and they are open until 11 p.m.
ThinAir
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Sep 22 2005, 08:36 PM)
Well, I've got one pump. The other one turned out to be a pump for a carbed car. The one I've got is an MSD brand. I ran it in my son's bus, then pulled it in favor of a Bosch pump. I'm pretty sure the pump is ok, but to make sure we're covered I'm headed for AutoZone to pick up a new pump. They've got one in stock and they are open until 11 p.m.

Ok, with Greg bringing one also, I'm gonna pass on the pump from AutoZone. I'm sure we're covered. It's time to get packed and get some sleep.
Joe Bob
John's Cell # 702-259-9970
Gint
QUOTE ("Z" @ Sep 22 2005, 09:40 PM)
John's Cell # 702-259-9970

I left John voice mail also. Until we hear from them with regard to their final destination, there is nothing else to be done except drive to Moab in the a.m.
TROJANMAN
got the pump. (2 actually) good night................
ThinAir
I just talked to Toast. She was somewhere between St. George & Ritchfield and enjoying the view of the moon out of the tow truck window. She was very greatful and glad to hear about the pumps that are headed for Moab. The plan is still the same - bring the stuff to Moab. I'm not sure, but it sounded like she might try to find a pump in Ritchfield and get it fixed. She says she used to live in that area so she knows quite well that there is nothing between Ritchfield and the Green river.

So that's the latest. Good night folks - see you in Moab!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.