Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EFI Parts Numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billd
I checked the part numbers on my EFI components against the table on Paul Anders website and discovered that my 73 has 74 EFI components. Specifically my ECU is 039-906-021 (Bosch 0-280-000-044) and my MPS is 0-280-100-043.

Can anyone tell me what this means for performance? I've heard that the 043 MPS doesn't provide WOT enrichment. Is that true? If so, can it be recalibrated to provide better WOT performance?

Also, is it worth adding a resistor to the CHT lead?
TravisNeff
There is a compatability chart on Brad's page for mixing FI components.

ECU / MPS Compatibility Table is what you are looking for
qa1142
web site link??

Which Brad??
JeffBowlsby
As you can guess, the systems are a set of matched components. the components are calibrated to work with each other. Mixing them...all bets are off. No doubt they will work ok to some degree, but they will not be optimal. Because you are restoring this FI system Bill, the best advice is to get everything correct. So...you have a 73 car? Be sure you have all 73 components.

So get a 73 ECU and find that resistor...
Dave_Darling
As long as the MPS and ECU are the same year, I don't think it's a big deal.

Only add a resistor to your CHT line if you think your car runs a bit lean in the middle of warming up (e.g., for the 2nd-4th minutes you drive it).

--DD
TravisNeff
I believe the resisitor will only help if you are using the 73 ECU.

It is Brad Anders his site is http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/
Bleyseng
The 74 parts are better cuz they were designed for the 2.0l. and the MPS does have a WOT setting.

The 73 ECU is a 1.7 one.
The 73 CHT uses a ballast resistor so it idles ok
The 73 MPS is a one off year to make it work with a 1.7L ECU
qa1142
Ok if 74 is better than 73...

What about my 75 D jet? any issues with this one?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.