Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UI challenge is over with
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
I'm not sure how much of this you guys know, but the jerks up in SF that I briefly worked for contested my unemployment claim. They said that I had misrepresented my qualifications and abilities during the interview process, and claimed that was qualified as "misconduct" enough to deny my claim.

If I were ruled against, not only would my only current income be cut off, but I would have to repay the ~$2500 worth of benefits that I have gotten since the appeal was filed. As you can imagine, I've been a little bit stressed about this situation.

My hearing was today, at 9:15 AM. I got there early, even after trying to find a decent parking spot that didn't cost a mint. I had to appear in person, the company was supposed to phone in. To a toll-free number, yet. At 9:15, the judge came out and told me that they had not yet called, so he would take another case first (a guy who was rather late showing up for an appointment earlier in the morning) and he would give them 15 more minutes to call.

At about 9:35, he came back out and told me that they never called, so the appeal would be denied--I can continue to get my checks every other week.

I think those bastards merely did this as a form of petty harrassment. I really wish there was some form of redress (I *almost* wish there was some form of petty harrassment that I could sic on them--but not quite, because I'm not quite as much of an asshole as they are) but there doesn't seem to be.

(As an aside--FUCK YOU finger.gif DC and DP!)

Anyway, I'm in the clear on that. Now all I have to do is find another job!!

--DD
redshift
That surely feels better... congrats Dave.

There are many shameful things in this World, besides beating a defenseless person, that's about as low as it goes.

M
olav
What kind of job are you looking for?

Where I work they are hiring for various positions.
Joe Bob
I have some great ideas that have been used in the past...but with the chance of getting caught...you'd prolly end up in jail.

Blow it off.....go for a drive.
Dead Air
Hey Dave,
here's a search I did re: NY UI

Sec. 527. Valid original claim. 1. Basic condition. "Valid original claim" is a claim filed by a claimant who meets the following qualifications: (a) is able to work, and available for work; (cool.gif is not subject to any disqualification or suspension under this article; © his previously established benefit year, if any, has expired; (d) has been paid remuneration by employers liable for contributions or for payments in lieu of contributions under this article, other than employers from whom the claimant lost employment under conditions which are disqualifying pursuant to subdivision three of section five hundred ninety-three of this article, for employment during at least two calendar quarters of the base period, with remuneration of one and one-half times the high calendar quarter earnings within the base period and with at least one thousand six hundred dollars of such remuneration being paid during the high calendar quarter of such base period. For purposes of this section, the earnings in the high calendar quarter of the base period used in determining a valid original claim shall not exceed an amount equal to twenty-two times the maximum benefit rate as set forth in subdivision five of section five hundred ninety of this article for all individuals.

What ever that means...But

is not subject to any disqualification or suspension under this article;

There's always a way THE MAN can Fuch you.

Dead Air
If they HIRED you and then FIRED you, here, you'd only have to wait two weeks to get your bennies.
johnmhudson111
Good to hear you had a positive out come.

I am just begining to deal with UI as I lost my job on Monday, the rat of a manager let me take him to my wife's restraunt for a free lunch and then pulled the plug on me.

Anyway good to hear you beat the man beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
CA is notoriously employee-friendly. Even if you get fired for incompetence--or breaking the law--that's not necessarily enough to lose your unemployment benefits. They basically didn't have a hope in hell of winning, and they chickened out on the phone-in. Plus, that's earlier than most of them show up in the morning anyway... happy11.gif

I figure I'll have to be content, as my revenge, for imagining nasty things happening to them. I would not and will not be as petty and nasty as they were, to take any real actions against them.

Olav--I did flight simulation programming (primarily graphics but also other stuff) for 17+ years. Sadly, I didn't use the tools that are most in demand in that field (MatrixX, etc.) nor am I up on OO methodologies.

--DD
Air_Cooled_Nut
I feel ya, Dave. I've only got ~1 month left in my UI account (yeah, you only get so much and when it runs out, tough shit)but, luckily, I just got some temp work at Columbia Sportswear for a month. It sucks when you have to deal with losers but at least you got the money coming back in. Good luck with the job search!
olav

OK, just thought I'd ask.

The positions need Java, servlet exp.

If you want to check it out I can send details.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.