Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ??? About using 930 Brakes???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
I got myself a set of 930 brakes for myself for my birthday last month. My question is, my rear susp has been upgraded to use Carrera brakes & rotors, will I need to modify them more to use the 930 brakes & rotors??

TIA
pete-stevers
Eric...??
Brando
Aren't those vacuum assisted?

Talk aboot too much stopping power blink.gif
TravisNeff
Joe - 914RS I believe has 930 rear brakes on his car. I think that he had to cut off the rear mounting ear, reposition it further back and weld it back on.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Brando @ Sep 23 2005, 02:20 AM)

depends what year.

the early Turbo Carreras just used aluminum 'S' calipers front, with a slightly different pad spec. IIRC, the "917" calipers - also not power-assist - were first used in 1979. i'm not sure when Turbo's got the vacuum servo and suspended pedal assembly...
RON S.
I picked up a rear set from the Hershey swap several years ago,

To get them to fit was pretty simple.

I removed the whole control arm and brought here to my machine shop.Installed the rotor,and did a slip loose fit to check for the required backspacing needed to mount the caliper.

The caliper was slotted get the correct spacing for the mounting bolts.The mounting ear was milled to accept a spacer for the backspacing.

Then it was just a matter of re-using the original bolts to put it all back together.

Ron
Mueller
new welded bracket on trailing arm...excuse the mess on my kitchen countertop smile.gif

sixnotfour
Here is the other option modify the caliper
http://www.vehiclecraft.com/Brakes/930T_mod.htm
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Sep 23 2005, 11:44 AM)

arent these things pretty rare?

id hate to machine them and take limit their adaptability later down the road
sixnotfour

id hate to machine them and take limit their adaptability later down the road

The limit is the bolt spacing

They will fit a standard 911 Alum. trailing arms,also.(after machining)
Different option illustration only.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Sep 23 2005, 04:22 AM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Sep 23 2005, 02:20 AM)

depends what year.

the early Turbo Carreras just used aluminum 'S' calipers front, with a slightly different pad spec. IIRC, the "917" calipers - also not power-assist - were first used in 1979. i'm not sure when Turbo's got the vacuum servo and suspended pedal assembly...

911s, and 911 Turbos as well, got vacuum assisted brakes in 1977. The Cap'n
racerbvd
Well, since we are installing a built twin plug 3.0 with 46 Webers and should be close to 300 HP (should be on the dyno next week with any kind of luck) and it currenly has Carrera brakes with the rear modified with the Vellios kit (that had to be machined and welded) so Carrera brakes bolt on now. Yes, these are the big 930 brakes like in the other picture.

Thanks Guys!! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.