Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Started with an oil change,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sportlicherFahrer
routine oil change can lead to amazing things. I look up and to the right to where most people's hell hole exist and see the dirt all clumped up. So I take the rockers off and...
sportlicherFahrer
and the cleaned off surface....
sportlicherFahrer
the bad spot...
sportlicherFahrer
the not so bad spot...
sportlicherFahrer
drivers side....
sportlicherFahrer
nice and clean....
sportlicherFahrer
nasty....
sportlicherFahrer
easily dealt with....
Joe Bob
Wire brush and POR 15 time....just in ime for winter. I've seen worse.
sportlicherFahrer
I honestly though it would be worse. Is this stuff pretty normal and easy to take care of? Or is it usually worse?
Hammy
Doesn't look too bad. Just be happy you caught it in time ohmy.gif smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
I spray out my rockers at least once a month. I go to a pressure wash, and aim the wand from the back, and then from the front.. sometimes it looks like a mudslide.

M
sportlicherFahrer
I am going to remount the rockers with good looking stainless screws and bolts so they are easily taken off. Will also check them regularly during the winter months as this is my DD car.
Hammy
QUOTE (spiritedTreiber @ Sep 22 2005, 08:12 PM)
Will also check them regularly during the winter months as this is my DD car.

Daily driver. idea.gif have you done anything else to "weather ready" your car? Mine will be a daily driver soon too. boldblue.gif
sportlicherFahrer
I really need to replace the targa seals, but thats about it. I have full heat, the wipers work nicely, and she runs perfect. I dont think there is much else that I need.
Allan
QUOTE (redshift @ Sep 22 2005, 08:09 PM)
I spray out my rockers at least once a month. I go to a pressure wash, and aim the wand from the back, and then from the front..  sometimes it looks like a mudslide.

M

Ya gotta remember, he lives in Geogia.

And he's not talking about his car....
sportlicherFahrer
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif nice one

Didnt they teach you in Elementry School health to "always wipe from the front to the back"?
bmcwilli
hijacked.gif

While we're here...how do ya remove the rockers?
olav

Drill out the rivets with a smaller diameter drill bit?

sportlicherFahrer
There are about 6? rivits that you drill out along the top, a bolt into both front and back fenders, and then three flat head screws that are frozen on each side on the bottom. The rivits came out easily, as I have cobalt bits. biggrin.gif The bolts in the fenders cam out easily, and the bottom screws were a bitch. One on each side snapped off the head. The others came out, but VERY SLOWLY with vice grips. About to run to the hardware store right now to get REAL bolts for these. If you want to get the plastic sill guard out, I just very carefully pried it up and popped off the heads of the plastic rivets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.