Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guage bezels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Targa
I am cleaning up some early guages to backdate my '75. Has anyone else done this? I already see that the late model tach has one indicator for the turn signal and the early has two. How do I change this so I can get left and right signal individually? Has anyone used the 300 degree oil temp combo guage replacement from Palo Alto Speedo? Thanks.
Dave_Darling
Pry, very carefully. Pelican has a "gauge refurbishment" article in the Tech Articles section of their (our) website; take a look and you'll see how it's done.

If you want to have separate left and right indicators, you will have to do some re-wiring of the instrument cluster. Tap into the wires that go to the turn signals to power the indicators, and tape up the single wire that currently goes to the indicator.

The few 74s that had 73 instruments simply wired both indicators to flash when either turn signal was on.

--DD
dakotaewing
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 23 2005, 06:53 PM)
Pry, very carefully.  

Dave...
Where ??? and how.. and with what tools??

Targa
Thanks Dave. I forgot to even look on the bird board.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Sep 23 2005, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 23 2005, 06:53 PM)
Pry, very carefully.  

Dave...
Where ??? and how.. and with what tools??

Thom, check the tech article. It goes into detail.

Where? Back side of the bezel, where it sits against the rubber.
With what? A small screwdriver or whatever implement of destruction you fancy.
How? Very carefully.... wink.gif

--DD
Joe Bob
A spade pointed dental pick works the best.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.