Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Tool storage boxes..best bang for the buck?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Snap-On and Mac Tools are way out of my grip, so what is another good quality tool box.

Costco has these cool looking SST boxes Stainless Steel Tool Box

Still pricey, and I know Craftsman does not make thier own, anyone know who makes thiers and if they are sold at a lower price?

I'm looking for a decent sized chest, top and bottom, my little box is getting too darn cramped.

thanks
Britain Smith
I saw these exact same tool chest on ebay. There was a guy in the San Deigo area who was selling them. I believe he was getting about $1100 for the larger ones.

-Britain
Aaron Cox
i got a craftsman top and bottom... i bought them on sale. no problems yet. and my dad has had his setup for 30 years- still workin good.

i looked at one at cosco, japanese junk at the store i was at- yours may be different
seanery
I met the guys from San Diego at Good Guys Del Mar 2002. They were selling them for $750 there. They just got them and were selling everything they had. That's why they raised their price. They are pretty nice boxes, and I would bet that the Costco box is the same one. Great bang-for-the-buck in my opinion.

I wish I had a bigger garage so I could get one!
Mike9142.0
Look at pawn shop's. I have seen Snap-on and Mac boxes for 50% less then new. You could also talk to some of the tool dealer's and see what thay have in a used box.
Porsche Rescue
I have the LX from Costco. Purchased about 6 months ago. Great product at an unbeatable price, about $650 as I recall.
Jeffs9146
A friend of mine bought the $650 one at Costco and I helped him put it together. It is sweet, but huge! I can see it flipping if you aren't careful about over loading the top drawers!

Jeff
URY914
Be careful with the SS boxes. I've seen them where only the front face of the drawers and top was SS. NOT the drawer sides and bottoms. All are not the same.

Why do you really need a SS box? Are you putting it on the deck of your deep sea fishing boat? Give me a break. And also cheap grade SS will develop surface rust.

SS boxes are just for bragging rights. They won't do anything to make your car run better or faster. They don't organize your tools or clean your tools.

I guess they will protect from kids with WD40.

Paul
Lawrence
BEST bang for your buck?

a sheet of pegboard and a couple bags of hooks - about 25 bucks.

Being able to see all your tools at once - Priceless.
applescotty
I've seen the same SS boxes at Sam's Club, too, for $699. Nice boxes.
The Craftsman boxes are made by this company:
Waterloo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.