Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: long day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
yup. carb went south on me. nothing but idle jets worked....main jets were ClOgGeD....

even the secondaries wouldnt help....

tried to hi-tail it back, but without the choke i have nothing, and i'm not spending three-four hours limping home.

b

AAA call tomorrow.
Aaron Cox
dude! do you have ANY fuel filters? we told you to take carb apart and clean it out - 20 bucks and a 10 buck book and youd be fine....

i really really am fighting the need to say "buy a honda" dry.gif
bd1308
too late 10 people here beat ya to it....

im getting it towed tomorrow, i have a plan.....

but its a secret plan.

i need somebody to build me a hundred paper cranes....

i have a OE FI filter...apparently rust particles are pretty damned small....
Joe Bob
Ya doan need an expensive high pressure FI filter for a carb......them cheap clear re-useable carb type ones are OK.....you can see the crap it's catching.
bd1308
either way it aint workin sad.gif
Joe Bob
Well duh, pull the freaking carb, resist impulse to toss it in the path of Rita....pull the top off, blow out the bowl, pull the jets and ream them clear with a jet reamer, reassemble, WITH a CLEAR, reusable fuel filter and fire it up.....keep an extinguisher handy.

BTW....hope ya have AAA...if ya don't yer not thinking.

BTW2....what is the inside of yer gas tank like????
bd1308
all part of my top-secret plan....

you'll see

b-->going to be back on the road in no time. all by himself.

smile.gif
bd1308
an existinguisher i do have.

b
Allan
dry.gif
Aaron Cox
headbang.gif

freakin listen man.

a boiled tank aint gonna help if you arent using fuel filters... that crap is still in your lines....

take the carb apart.... use 2 filters. one before pump, one before carb.

BTW - WHAT FUEL PUMP ARE YOU USING??
rick 918-S
hey you guys, at least his is still moving.... dry.gif Your on his ass like a wet diaper. slap.gif Keep at it Britt, you'll get it.
SpecialK
What ever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger........or dirty and poorer in this case. cool_shades.gif

914's are excellent training for ME's! idea.gif smash.gif idea.gif headbang.gif idea.gif
Joe Bob
He needs a vinyl sticker along the sides that says "HE HATE ME".....
bd1308
i have one filter....the pump is a honda carb pump in front trunk...I have a facet as spare but i'm NOT changing it....wait i think Dirk Wright is calling. Nope. sorry. works fine.

i'lll get a cool looking clear filter for the "before the carb" filter and add one "while i'm there" to the front as the b4 the pump one.

cool AA?

who in the hell said i WASNT using filters....i may be from KY but i aint' astoopid.
redshift
Get off his back! He's a kid!

I'll bet all you smart bastards have burned your fingers... twice... in two seconds... more than once.

smile.gif

M
Joe Bob
If that Honduh pump was frum a injected ricer it's running too much pressure Joe Bob..... screwy.gif
bd1308
carb'd honda...it's a facet type pump

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 23 2005, 09:00 PM)
carb'd honda...it's a facet type pump

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP

internally regulated? what PSI is it set at?
Joe Bob
I saw that ..was just clarifying aarons's statement....even thought the Honduh was carbed....do you know what the PSI is at the output?
Allan
My life really sucks..... Can you help me?????????????????
Dr. Roger
$1.95 a piece at Dan's. =-)

user posted image
Hammy
You guys really get on his ass about things ohmy.gif
Is it a love-hate thing? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Well... at least he has the balls to post about his mistake(s)... dry.gif something I can't say for myself
rhodyguy
rev it up and put your hand on top of the carb.
bd1308
listen guys, I *KNOW* this is what is goign on...i need to get my tank out and boiled....
i'm getting it towed today.

kevin: nobody said anything, I am the guinea pig. doesnt work.

well aaron, it is internally regulated...it *is* pumping gas, but on the side of the interstate i was unable to check the pressure. An inline pressure guage should do the trick though.

Z, if it was pumping too much(more than the recommended 3.5PSI), wouldn't it run way rich? It did run fine at the beginning till i would say....months after. Just started this problem like three weeks ago.

the pump Does struggle sometimes to deliver gas....so the boiling out procedure shoudl help things quite a bit. That and maybe a new facet pump.

That being said, I will post pictures of the progress.

≥≥≥≥≥≥≥≥Britt≤≤≤≤≤≤≤≤≤

SpecialK
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 24 2005, 11:25 AM)

kevin: nobody said anything, I am the guinea pig. doesnt work.

huh.gif
bd1308
rhodyguy....
bd1308
well it's at home now.....

just gotta drain the tank....

is there any reason i shouldnt empty the tank with the hondah facet pump?

SpecialK
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Sep 24 2005, 01:07 PM)
rhodyguy....

Oh... rolleyes.gif

As far as draining the tank, that's the way I'd do it. A filter upstream of the pump wouldn't be a bad idea just to limit the amount of crap getting into it........can these little cars be a hassle, or what! headbang.gif
bd1308
not a pain at all....

everything so far has a solution...the pain is when it doesnt have a solution....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.