Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lug nuts ANYONE???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
do you or anyone you know have a set of these kind of lug nuts that i will buy for my 914? They fit aftermarket american racing rims.

if you or someone you know has some please let me know. If so can you can please take a picture of it and post it type.gif

thanks for any info.

kenny

p.s. these are NOT acorn but shank mag style

dlo914
these would be lug "bolts" wink.gif
Mueller
have you tried American Racing Wheels?

I did a quick glance at their website with no luck, but you might try e-mailing someone from Sales to see if they can help you out.

Next step would to hit the local wrecking yards, you might get lucky and find a vw bug with the same rims or brand

dlo914
try a FLAPS...Autozone or somewhere should have a few...IIRC only a handful of lug bolts to choose from...couldnt find any to replace the ones used to fit the rivieras onto my 14'. dry.gif
ArtechnikA
good ol' pin-drive lugs...

H&R might have what you need. talk to Mike Potter at parts4VWs.com ...
TROJANMAN
hijacked.gif
and if anyone has some of the longer lug bolts (for fuchs, mahles, pedrinis) please PM me. i am in desparate need. wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 25 2005, 08:41 PM)
and if anyone has some of the longer lug bolts ... i am in desparate need. wink.gif

call Mike Potter; H&R parts are TüV-rated good stuff.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Sep 25 2005, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 25 2005, 08:41 PM)
and if anyone has some of the longer lug bolts ...  i am in desparate need.   wink.gif

call Mike Potter; H&R parts are TüV-rated good stuff.

have a #?
ArtechnikA
go to the web address i posted earlier: Parts4VWs-dot-com and all the contact information is there, including his toll-free number...
Eric_Shea
Greg... check this out. It might be worth the spacers just to get the lug bolts confused24.gif

CIP1 25mm Spacers with Longer 14mm bolts
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Sep 26 2005, 05:51 PM)
Greg... check this out. It might be worth the spacers just to get the lug bolts ...

except for this fly in the ointment:

These have the acorn taper (NOT BALL SEAT). These bolts do not fit the Empi style 8 spoke wheels.
Eric_Shea
But that's what Greg "TROJANMAN" is looking for.

I think CIP1 has the other studs as well. Search "Lug Bolts" on their site and I think they call them adapter bolts. Try This...
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Sep 26 2005, 06:03 PM)
But that's what Greg "TROJANMAN" is looking for.

OK. i donno.

his post *said* he was looking for bolts for Fuchs, Mahles, and Pedrinis -- IOW -- standard Porsche ball seats...

i have no idea where to find pin-drive lugs like the question that started this thread (way back when ...)
Mueller
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 26 2005, 03:07 PM)
thanks eric.

mike (h&r) has the bolts, but i need to know what the thread pitch is, anyone know?

1.5mm..how the seller does not know that is strange....
TROJANMAN
he's a VW guy.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 26 2005, 06:12 PM)

not really, IMO...

like his web address implies - he does 99.9% water-VW parts,

you and i know the pitch is the same but i do not fault Mike for not wanting to ass-u-me they are the same.
Eric_Shea
I told you you'd find them in a couple of minutes biggrin.gif

Even if you did have to hijacked.gif

w00t.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Sep 26 2005, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 26 2005, 06:12 PM)

not really, IMO...

like his web address implies - he does 99.9% water-VW parts,

you and i know the pitch is the same but i do not fault Mike for not wanting to ass-u-me they are the same.

okay...I'll go easy on him, hahahaha
TROJANMAN
so is 37 mm length ok?
orange914
hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif

as i was saying previosly at the beginning of this add does anybody have ...

do you or anyone you know have a new set of these kind of lug nuts that i will buy for my 914? They fit aftermarket american racing rims.

if you or someone you know has some please let me know. If so can you can please take a picture of it and post it

thanks for any info.

kenny

p.s. these are NOT acorn but shank mag style
Aaron Cox
why dont you call american racing confused24.gif ????
goose2
These guys have a big selection of lug nuts and boltsWheels and stuff
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (orange914 @ Sep 27 2005, 07:29 PM)
hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif hijacked.gif

as i was saying previosly at the beginning of this add does anybody have ...

do you or anyone you know have a new set of these kind of lug nuts that i will buy for my 914? They fit aftermarket american racing rims.

kenny

sorry for the hijack, i thought your question was answered with this link?
Mueller
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 30 2005, 12:07 PM)
sorry for the hijack, i thought your question was answered with this link?

have you tried to call or e-mail any of the resources we mentioned for "your" ad???

TROJANMAN
yes, i spoke to one of the vendors mentioned, and i should be receiving my bolts today. i am anxious to get home and try them on for size, but a little nervous about the shoulder of the bolt not fitting properly in the seat.
i know that they are 17 mm heads and that OEM bolts are 19mm heads. not sure if the 17mm head will make a difference in how it seats itself. but at least these are german, because the ebay ones were taiwanese i'm sure. but i'll let you know later.

how concerned do i need to be about a "snug" fit in the hole of the wheel? i know how well the OEM bolts fit, is it ok if these are a little off?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Sep 30 2005, 03:52 PM)
... not sure if the 17mm head will make a difference in how it seats itself....

none whatsoever.

the hex is 2mm smaller ATF but the ball is exactly the same size.
TROJANMAN
i hope you're right. thanks. wink.gif

i'll let you know tonight.
TROJANMAN
my lugs didn't show up mad.gif
goose2
I just got a set of lug bolts from K. Berg Specialties...found them on eBay. They appear to have the correct seat...they fit nice and snug in Boxster wheels and I'll compare them to some 911 steel nuts when I get to the shop this weekend. 19mm hex and 30mm long...shiny chrome, made in China unsure.gif ....50 bucks for 20. smile.gif
TROJANMAN
since when does UPS deliver after 6:45.
bolts just got here, gotta go try em out. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.