Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing air injection pump pulley assy...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Dudes:

Ok, I'm trying to replace my alternator belt, but I need to remove the air injection pump stuff before I can put the belt on. The pump has been missing since I've owned the car, but the pulley and mounting hardware is still on the car. Once I remove this stuff, I'm not going to put it back on. I don't need it.

I've removed the 3 bolts holding the "tripod" mounts that the pulley is attached to, but it still won't come off. It looks like there are 3 more bolts down near the center of the fan that might need to come off in order to take this whole assembly out. Can anyone confirm this? These bolts look like they'll be a bitch to get out, so I want to make sure they definately need to come off before I go through all the hassle.

I'm assumming there is another bigger bolt that actually holds the fan on, maybe under the "tripod" assembly? Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Andy...
bd1308
using a mirror of sorts....can you grab a picture?
Cap'n Krusty
The 3 x 6mm bolts on the legs of the bearing carrier hold the bracket in place.
The 3 x 8mm bolts on the fan hold the fan and the air pump drive to the hub, which is in turn bolted to the crankshaft. They're probably 13 mm wrench size, but they MAY be 6 mm triple square. Yes, you have to remove all 6 bolts. If you remove the fan, or it falls off, you have to be careful to index it properly when you reinstall it. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.