Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pulled up next to some gangsters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Passenger: What the hell is that?

Driver: I don't know but it's fuching tough..

Light turns green and I pull away.
pete-stevers
gotta love that...there are only 17 on the road in BC...I get that a lot,
Hammy
I got that from a drunk guy at 2am. his wording was a tad bit different though biggrin.gif
pete-stevers
like " wad the fug is dis"
Hammy
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Sep 24 2005, 01:51 PM)
like " wad the fug is dis"

Bingo. biggrin.gif
Carlitos Way
I had the same experience when I got my car... at the DMV. Kids and adults waiting for vehicle inspections and driver tests were all wondering what it was.
machina
its a fiat, right?
Brando
No a triumph!
Pugbug
Pete-Stevers.....only 17 drivers in BC? ...How do you know this????
Dr. Roger
Or how about the three brainiacs that came out of Hooters this afternoon...

Took a look at Lyressa's car and one said, "is that a Miyata"? His buddy says, "No, That's TIGHT"! laugh.gif They never did figure it out.... Too much beer too early in the afternoon maybe.
Gilbert914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Sep 24 2005, 12:41 PM)
Passenger:  What the hell is that?

Driver:  I don't know but it's fuching tough..

Light turns green and I pull away.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hey Allan ,
I seem to be getting this alot over here, having driven the car around for almost a month now the only other car I have seen on the road whilst I've been driving mine is my Buddies, and that's only because he came round my place in it.

See here

I've had all the Triumph/Fiat X/19 comments and some romanian guy in a BMW 323i totally freakin out at how he's never seen one and could not keep up with me through any turn cool.gif

Fav comment so far has been....."Dude......that car IS the SHIT!!!!"

Enjoying my 914 ownership? OH YEAH
Air_Cooled_Nut
Pulled into the gas station today, front hood still off the car (see my blog for picture). As I'm walking in to pay I hear this little boy YELL OUT, "DAD! DAD! LOOKIT LOOKIT! THIS CAR HAS NO ENGINE!" I saw in the glass reflection him run up to my car and pointing at the front trunk but he kept a respectable distance. Dad walks up to son and points to the middle of the car, "No, the engine is here, in the middle of the car." "Ohhhhh...wow...", the boy says. Then I'm inside and I don't hear the rest of the conversation but they looked at it for a few seconds more then the went back to their vanilla sedan and left the gas station.
aktion035.gif
Duffster
I got a "das baaaaaad!" from a couple o' gangstas in a clapped out civic. When they finally got to the next light, it was "how many TOOOORBOs dat ting got anyway?" rocking nana.gif
redshift
Last night, a Cubano asks me, "Hey, what the car? Issa classic?", and I winked *(manly way) and said, "Jeh mang, ismo classic danna Chebby Malibu."

He laughed, and I gave him the club addy, he's looking for one in the 6-7k range.. nice.

M
jim_hoyland
Kid and his friend pull up along side at a light. Kid tells his friend that my car is a new model that's just coming out.

Friend asks me what dealer is carring them....oh boy !
eds72
Duffster wrote:

I got a "das baaaaaad!" from a couple o' gangstas in a clapped out civic. When they finally got to the next light, it was "how many TOOOORBOs dat ting got anyway?"

You guys crack me up. I'm part gangster (half mexican) and I can't even speak like that. It must be the polo shirts I wear.
motorhead
Allan, you gotta quit hanging out in east bako.....
eds72
QUOTE (motorhead @ Sep 25 2005, 07:22 AM)
Allan, you gotta quit hanging out in east bako.....

yeah Allan. You don't want to be influenced to put "spinners" on you car instead of those Fuchs you're running.
Allan
I have an extra set of 100 spoke 13 inch gold plated Dayton's for cruising the hood. wink.gif

Hey Motorhead, didn't I talk to you awhile back???
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (eds72 @ Sep 25 2005, 07:04 AM)
You guys crack me up. I'm part gangster (half mexican) and I can't even speak like that. It must be the polo shirts I wear.

Race doesn't make a gangsta...it's a style/attitude. And an ignorant one at that.
eds72
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Sep 25 2005, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (eds72 @ Sep 25 2005, 07:04 AM)
You guys crack me up.  I'm part gangster (half mexican) and I can't even speak like that.  It must be the polo shirts I wear.

Race doesn't make a gangsta...it's a style/attitude. And an ignorant one at that.

That's very true...

Around here a lot of the youngsters speak like "dat". confused24.gif
redshift
Yes, unfortunately, Jerry Springer's ilk made stupid 'cool'.

smile.gif

Hey, I'm cool.

M
rhodyguy
yep, you da bomb ace!

k
effutuo101
My favorite happened in Colorado Springs Co. A very drunk guy told me that I was driving the "coolest Ferarri". Apparently he couldn't read the huge PORSCHE reflector between the tail lights.....it was early in the day but is suspect beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Leo Imperial
Best I got was my boss telling me it was a French car confused24.gif ar15.gif
MattR
I drove through bakersfield today. I saw one person who looked slightly ghetto. Come down to LA and i'll show you ghetto [/hardened street thug]

biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
So I'm working on the 914 one day...
My neighbors 7 year old son- Is that a Ferrari?
Me- No, it's NOT a Ferrari!
7year old -Well, what is it then?
Me- A Porsche 914.
Him- A what?
Me- Go away!!
headbang.gif
rhodyguy
are you and jp charter members of the grumpy club? kid to his buddy, "his car is cool, but he's a prick!". jk

k
thomasotten
According to some, mine's and Alfa Rameo, (even though it has P-O-R-S-C-H-E side stripes and reflector).

I got the horn blown at me the other day by a 911. Man, what a difference a decade makes in getting respect.
motorhead
Yeah, I have the yellow 76.

BTW, I leaned out the F.I. the other day and presto, no more backfire between shifts, and much better driveability. Good call. thanks

Mike
jsteele22
So I just got back from the RRC in Moab (excellent) and it was my first time to meet any 914 owners in person (except the guy who sold me mine.) It's funny, but I guess I had this expectation that at least one person in the group would be a real 70's throwback : mirrored Foster Grants, long sideburns, casette tape of "Hotel California", just a hint of a sniffle... Well, I dunno, what was I supposed to expect ? (Turns out to be a great group of folks, BTW.)

Anyway, on the trip home I cut through Breckenridge and I see a spotless 911 coming my way. Thought I'd do a friendly one-porsche-owner-to-another smile and nod. I get closer and the guy didn't even glance over. Was wearing a poofy sweater that's like 3" thick and rolled up around the neck. Can't really describe it but I think there's a scene in "Hannah and Her Sisters" where Michael Caine plays a snooty husband of one of the sisters. This dude was that guy to a tee ! Or maybe I just spotted Michael Caine ?
SGB
biggrin.gif
I got "Mommy, look at the little bitty car!" from some 7 or 8 year old little girl. Made me feel really cool, oh yeah. huh.gif
dan10101
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Sep 26 2005, 06:06 PM)
... It's funny, but I guess I had this expectation that at least one person in the group would be a real 70's throwback : mirrored Foster Grants, long sideburns, casette tape of "Hotel California", just a hint of a sniffle...

That's funny. I have a feeling from the different meets I've been to that that's pretty accurate. (My sniffles are from alergies)...

Ask Toast what's on her CD from WCC05...

party.gif
Brando
"OMG that's the cutest small car I've ever seen!" from the hottie at In N Out. smile.gif
OSI
QUOTE (SGB @ Sep 26 2005, 06:39 PM)
biggrin.gif
I got "Mommy, look at the little bitty car!" from some 7 or 8 year old little girl. Made me feel really cool, oh yeah. huh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
blitZ
My brother bought a new 914 back in the 72. While riding around and meeting another Porsche on the road, we would always flash our headlights in acknowledgement. Do Porsche owners still do this?
Hammy
QUOTE (blitZ @ Sep 27 2005, 03:59 AM)
My brother bought a new 914 back in the 72.  While riding around and meeting another Porsche on the road, we would always flash our headlights in acknowledgement.  Do Porsche owners still do this?

I think some people occassionaly get a honk or a friendly nod from other non 914 Porsche drivers...though I always seem to reading about a guy in a 911 totally ignoring 914s.
dry.gif of course if a teener sees another teener there's got to be some sort of acknowledgement... wavey.gif To date I've only gotten a honk from a guy in a nice Ghia out on the freeway. smile.gif
tesserra
We older members take 914s for granted.
How many club members were born AFTER 914s stopped production?
I graduated High School in '78 and there were a few in my school. I thought they were wimpy VWs with a weird body.
I get a-lot of looks when I drive mine to drop off my kids at school. This is obviously a car that these kids have never seen before.

George
BMartin914
QUOTE (Hammy @ Sep 27 2005, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (blitZ @ Sep 27 2005, 03:59 AM)
My brother bought a new 914 back in the 72.  While riding around and meeting another Porsche on the road, we would always flash our headlights in acknowledgement.  Do Porsche owners still do this?

I think some people occassionaly get a honk or a friendly nod from other non 914 Porsche drivers...though I always seem to reading about a guy in a 911 totally ignoring 914s.
dry.gif of course if a teener sees another teener there's got to be some sort of acknowledgement... wavey.gif To date I've only gotten a honk from a guy in a nice Ghia out on the freeway. smile.gif

I typically expect it. Here in Denver, you don't pass too many others on the street.

I was driving mine near home a couple weeks ago and see one coming the other direction. Had my top off and threw a friendly wave over the top of the car. Other guy just kept of going - no acknowledgement. What gives.

I guess that is why some of us choose to be part of a group and others sit in their garages alone. screwy.gif
Toast
QUOTE (dan10101 @ Sep 26 2005, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (jsteele22 @ Sep 26 2005, 06:06 PM)
...  It's funny, but I guess I had this expectation that at least one person in the group would be a real 70's throwback : mirrored Foster Grants, long sideburns, casette tape of "Hotel California",  just a hint of a sniffle...

That's funny. I have a feeling from the different meets I've been to that that's pretty accurate. (My sniffles are from alergies)...

Ask Toast what's on her CD from WCC05...

party.gif

Joe Sharp fits that description when he had long hair.

I have gotten alot of compliments from my CD, which includes:
Slow ride
Rock N roll
Free Ride
Hot Rod Lincoln
Radar Love
Riders on the Storm
Going to California
Summer of 69
Downtown Traffic
Highway Star
Hotel California
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.