Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauges
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
These are the two gauges that came out of my 914 that I'd like to go back in with the stock volt meter. The VDO oil temp gauge should work with the sender that's already in the car. I don't remember if the oil pressure gauge works. I took the sender pictured - off the HPH engine except for the tube on top of the engine it was attached to (just spins). Do I need some more parts to make it work? Would Rich have what I need? (Did I really ask that?)

I've got a tech function tomorrow night so I might miss you if you're nearby until about 9. The tool guy across the street would like to talk if you're still interested though. Let me know if I can arrange something.
EdwardBlume
Also, is this the part that's stuck in the open position??
Brad Roberts
Who man.. back that camera off and zoom in on them if you have to.. I also need to show you how to use MS "paint" to shrink the pics.

The VDO oil temp wont work with the sender in the car (Rich has the proper one)

I have an extra hose and mounting kit for the oil pressure (Rich sells them also)

B
Brad Roberts
NO.. that is the decel valve.

B
EdwardBlume
I pulled the sender from the Botempi motor that was matched to this gauge and put it in so it should be OK.

Yeah I was lazy on the picts. How do I reduce the size?

What part do I need again?
Brad Roberts
The aux air regulator is not working. Typically I can repair them.. dont sweat it.

B
ChrisReale
What does that ouil pressure gauge read to? I cant make it out. Mine goes to 80#, and during cold start ups it runs around 70#. Kinda wierd seeing a gauge pegged like that. Sometimes I freak out and think its my oil temp gauge laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
That one is a 80 also. Standard issue from HPH unless you have a race engine..then you get the 120.

B
jonwatts
Andy, if you can't find your camera, I think Rob has it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Aug 5 2003, 10:32 PM)
Andy, if you can't find your camera, I think Rob has it.

yeah, i was looking all over the place for it today. i needed some blurry pics of the bathroom and kitchen i'm building ....

the pics remind me, i have to install that stuff in my car too.
i think i got all the parts.

Andy
Brad Roberts
I was trying to stay away from that one Jon.. thanks for covering for me..LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Damn it Rob.. give Andy his camera back. Its his turn to play with it.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 5 2003, 10:39 PM)
I was trying to stay away from that one Jon.. thanks for covering for me..LOL

should i call you "pussy" now?
since when are you trying to stay away from something? laugh.gif

btw. i got shop rent for'ya. maybe that will lighten the mood,
Andy
Brad Roberts
No..

The very first thing I thought was: I should bust Robs balls for the pics... but Rob is a big time banker in Palo Alto and I dont want to "ruffle" his feathers. You.. I can bust on any time..LOL

My mood is good. I just want you to get your car done..and sell the company... and become a middle man for Shannons company.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 5 2003, 10:44 PM)
My mood is good. I just want you to get your car done..and sell the company... and become a middle man for Shannons company.

i like friends that have goals in life. maybe i should get some for myself some day ...

do they have to be in that order?
i have to have some talks with shannon. she's getting "wet feet" about the whole deal ...
arrgghhh mad.gif

Andy
Brad Roberts
Actually.. NO. sell the company first..LOL

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.