Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil pressure light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
Last night I was driving and my idiot light came on. I pulled over and checked the dip stick and it was in fact low. I put oil in, and the dip stick read fine, but the idiot light was still on. Where can I troubleshoot this issue. I am not driving until I figure this out. Thanks
qa1142
Replace sender first. they go bad, if that is not it, you may have to go into engine
smooth_eddy
same thing happens to me when I am a quart low. When I corner hard the light comes on for 30 seconds or so. Then goes off. Add a quart first to see if that cures your problem. Eddy
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (qa1142 @ Sep 24 2005, 05:57 PM)
Replace sender first. they go bad, if that is not it, you may have to go into engine

agree.gif Partially

If, a new sender, doesn't take care of the problem, and your budget, doesn't currently allow you to to do a re-build, you can replace the front oil pressure relief spring, with a used one out of a type 1, they are about an 1/4" longer than the type lV, and your oil pressure will be boosted about 20 psi.

And you can run, a half a quart over (oil), that helps in the cornering.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.