Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: combo gage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmenche914
I got a gas gage that has on oil temp gage in place of the ebrake warning light panel. Will this oil temp gage work with the same sender as used with the center console style oil temp gage? If not. which sender is to be used?

Also there are four "idiot" lights on this gage, three are labled with pictures, one is not, I got brake warning, generator warning, and oil pressure , what is the remaining un-labled light for?

thanks

PS removing center console oil temp gage to add cylinder head temp gage in console, will use new combo gage for oil temp now.

redshift
Yep, the sender works.

Your guess could be as good as any... on the 4th light. What color is it?

M
Aaron Cox
white -

its for a 914.6 sporto trans temp warning light.

i have same gauge in my car. works fine.

Dave, what is the part number / and snap a pic of the redzone on the gauge (.6 and /4 are different)
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 24 2005, 10:28 PM)
snap a pic of the redzone on the gauge (.6 and /4 are different)

I thought even the 4's changed at some point. Went from a pertty wide red zone to just a little tiny one.
dmenche914
OK, no camera but the four idiot lights are:

1 red (brakes) 2 red (generator) 3 white (no label) 4 green (oil)

The red zone on the temp gage is just less than 1/4 inch wide on the right side.

The back of the temp gage unit is ink stamped with 72 and under the 72 is 10.73, which I think is the build date (Oct 1972???) Also there is a big "T" inked on the back in blue ink.

So what is this baby? A 914-4 or 914-6 gage, and the white idiot light, is that on all of the combo gages or only certain ones?

thanks
Allan
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Sep 25 2005, 11:14 AM)
So what is this baby? A 914-4 or 914-6 gage, and the white idiot light, is that on all of the combo gages or only certain ones?

Sounds like a 4. I've had 2 of them off of late models and they both had the white light.
Aaron Cox
3 of these combo gauges around...

1) 914/6 - had a yellow AND red AND a warning light oil temp gauge
2) 914/4 - had a solid 1/4 red zone AND a silver center in the gauge
3) 914/4 - same as above but for 74+ model years... black center
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.