Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 23mm torsion bars- streetable? (doubtful)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
A) are these things remotely streetable???
cool.gif if answer to A is NO, then can they be turned down to a 22 or a 21??

just a thought.... dirt cheap. maybe workable???

AA
Brando
Tortion bars, as in "inside" the A-arms?

It will depend on your shock combination. No reason they couldn't be used.
redshift
Aaron, I suggest that you weld your a-arms to a single iron cross-member, and then wrap them with CF. You could also weld your trailing arms in a good position. The car should remain flat.

Do they make an ARB with a 'solid' setting?

rolleyes.gif

M
ArtechnikA
i'm planning 22mm hollow bars for the early 911 -- with Carrera RS Bilsteins.
the damping must match...

torsion bars are heat-treated.
talk to your machine shop about turning (or grinding) spring steel before deciding they're a deal; you'll probably pay more than a good set or smaller bars in the box...
J P Stein
My 21mm T bars are too damn stiff. I have tried 165 to 300
lb rear springs to balance the car and none have worked. It *still* pushes. AR bar has been set at full soft all this time.

I don't know of anyone selling 19 or 20s in the 914 spline form. If I have to, I'll have the 21mm ground down.....I'm with Rich, my WAG is it's too hard to be turned on a lathe.
Mueller
sorry AAron, I think you are out of luck on those.....

JP, coil springs...10# increments smile.gif
Aaron Cox
i figured theyd be too much work for what they are.....

i need some 21mm 911 spline...

thanks for your replies guys
AA
Triaddave
arron, i have the 23mm in my car and i like them. it was a long time ago, but i remember ordering 22mm and they would not fit. turns out that i had a 911 front end and the splines were one tooth off, went to the 23mm's
TravisNeff
Aaron,

I have 22mm torsion bars, rides fine on GOOD roads, gets pretty damn bumpy on your CA freeways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.