Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Install windshield trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EJP914
sad.gif Ready to put in the new chrome trim. Are the left and right sides the same size? Does it matter which one goes on which side? They look the same. Bags are marked with Porsche part #'s left and right but they look the same length???
Is there a sequence to installing these, bottom first, then left, etc?
This was to get done today...maybe not!
Thanks for any and all help.
greenie
I'm not big on giving advice since I barely know what I'm doing myself but...

I just installed mine a few weeks back, I was pretty worried that I would bend it up. It tuns out it was very simple. I just kinda pre assembled all the pieces ,lower angle & upper joint clip , laying right on th windshield. Just kinda get it all lined up & gently push it , you will feel the little clips grab. It took about five minutes. Super easy.

Greenie
McMark
I believe the section that goes on top is slightly long than the sides. So yes, there is a right and a left.
Porsche Rescue
Bottom first, then fit one corner piece and then slide side piece in and press it in place. Slide top center piece completely on the installed side/top piece. Then fit other lower corner and side piece. Slide center piece to cover the top gap.
EJP914
Jim Chambers: Thank you for the advice and guidance. It worked great!
Porsche Rescue
Glad I could help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.